Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I have a jailbroken 3GS (old bootrom) running 3.1.2 - can I restore and re-jailbreak?

Default I have a jailbroken 3GS (old bootrom) running 3.1.2 - can I restore and re-jailbreak?
    I'm having some trouble with my 3GS after installing that app on Cydia which fools apps into thinking you're running 3.1.3. I can no longer use Bluetooth and my phone is running extremely slow.

Can I safely restore to 3.1.2 and re-jailbreak it? I have ECID files backed up on Cydia tho I have no idea how to use them. I currently have an untethered jailbreak and do not want to lose that, so could someone please advise me on how I would restore my phone and rejailbreak 3.1.2 without ending up on 3.1.3?

Just to confirm: it's an older 3GS which I bought on the day of release. Currely running 3.1.2 untethered jailbreak and has ECID files backed up in Cydia.

Thanks!

Bit more info

Serial: 88926
    Model: MC132B
    Last edited by Rycall; 2010-03-15 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

You can re-jailbreak by loading a custom 3.1.2 firmware on your phone. I would not go back to a factory 3.1.2. Create your custom firmware or google for one and then shift/restore to it in iTunes. Oddly enough i used the firmware changer last night and my phone works fine. I had a looooooong reboot period after installation, but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rycall View Post
    I'm having some trouble with my 3GS after installing that app on Cydia which fools apps into thinking you're running 3.1.3. I can no longer use Bluetooth and my phone is running extremely slow.

Can I safely restore to 3.1.2 and re-jailbreak it? I have ECID files backed up on Cydia tho I have no idea how to use them. I currently have an untethered jailbreak and do not want to lose that, so could someone please advise me on how I would restore my phone and rejailbreak 3.1.2 without ending up on 3.1.3?

Just to confirm: it's an older 3GS which I bought on the day of release. Currely running 3.1.2 untethered jailbreak and has ECID files backed up in Cydia.

Thanks!

Bit more info

Serial: 88926
    Model: MC132B
    Since you have SHSH 3.1.2, you are ok...
    2 choices:
    1. You can create a custom firmware by your self or able to find one, then restore your phone with that custom firmware.
    2. Your SHSH 3.1.2 saved on Cydia, so you can restore your iphone with FW 3.1.2 without any problem, follow this instruction
    HOW TO: Downgrade iPhone 3Gs From Firmware 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 | FSMdotCOM
    Don't worry about the error things...you won't have that because your phone is still at FW 3.1.2, download and save fw 3.1.2 somewhere, change the host as the instruction shows, put the phone in DFU mode, then restore your phone with the FW 3.1.2
    good luck