Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ECID SHSH question

Default ECID SHSH question
    Pardon my ignorance, but I'm hoping someone could answer a couple of questions for me. I got a refub 3GS at the end of Feb. with the following specs -

fw version - 3.1 (7C144)
    iboot - 359.3
    modem fw - 05.11.07
    serial - 86920 (1st 5 digits)

I jailbroke it w/Blackra1n for Windows and downloaded Cydia (I plan to also unlock it to us on TMo). Cydia says "this device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS: 3.1.3" From what I've read on the forum, I understand this is the fw version Cydia is showing because this is the one Apple is currently signing.

If something goes wrong with the unlock or I have problems requiring a restore, I wouldn't want to have to be stuck with a tethered j/b or be unable to unlock again. Would I have any options to avoid restoring 3.1.3 from Cydia or iTunes?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by pablodiablo01 View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but I'm hoping someone could answer a couple of questions for me. I got a refub 3GS at the end of Feb. with the following specs -

fw version - 3.1 (7C144)
    iboot - 359.3
    modem fw - 05.11.07
    serial - 86920 (1st 5 digits)

I jailbroke it w/Blackra1n for Windows and downloaded Cydia (I plan to also unlock it to us on TMo). Cydia says "this device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS: 3.1.3" From what I've read on the forum, I understand this is the fw version Cydia is showing because this is the one Apple is currently signing.

If something goes wrong with the unlock or I have problems requiring a restore, I wouldn't want to have to be stuck with a tethered j/b or be unable to unlock again. Would I have any options to avoid restoring 3.1.3 from Cydia or iTunes?

Thanks in advance.
    You only be able to restore your phone with 3.1.3 cause your SHSH saved at 3.1.3
    Since you have the old bootrom in your phone, you can made a custom firmware at 3.1.2 and restore your phone with the custome firmwar to avoid restoring it with stocking apple 3.1.3
    good luck

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dtsexpert For This Useful Post:

pablodiablo01 (2010-03-15)

Thanks. How would I get a custom FW 3.1.2? Would I have to download one from the forum? Once I have it on my pc, does it stay there until I need to import it into iTunes or is there a way to upload it to Cydia? Sorry for all the questions.

I'm guessing I would want to do thi before attempting unlock (w/blacksn0w) in case I have any problems.

thx.