Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Recovery mode/ECID on 3Gs question

Default Recovery mode/ECID on 3Gs question
    Hello
    Well, I have an iPhone 3Gs with 5.12 baseband (I don't worry about it, I use the original phone company) and 3.1.3 firmware that I want to downgrade to 3.1.2. The thing is, I don't remember if I saved or not my SHSH on Cydia . So I decided to try to grab it from Cydia using Umbrella (if I didn't save it, it won't grab it). The problem is that I need the ECID in order to use Umbrella.
    I've read a how to for getting my Device's ECID, but it implies using Recovery mode, so I will have to restore.
    I have an iPod touch 1G too and I used a way to get in Recovery mode in which I can get out of it just by turning off and on the device. (The one holding home while connecting the device to the PC) The question I have to do:

This method of getting in Recovery mode (The one holding home while connecting the device to the PC) will work at the same way on the iPhone 3Gs (new iBoot)?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vicholio View Post
    Hello
    Well, I have an iPhone 3Gs with 5.12 baseband (I don't worry about it, I use the original phone company) and 3.1.3 firmware that I want to downgrade to 3.1.2. The thing is, I don't remember if I saved or not my SHSH on Cydia . So I decided to try to grab it from Cydia using Umbrella (if I didn't save it, it won't grab it). The problem is that I need the ECID in order to use Umbrella.
    I've read a how to for getting my Device's ECID, but it implies using Recovery mode, so I will have to restore.
    I have an iPod touch 1G too and I used a way to get in Recovery mode in which I can get out of it just by turning off and on the device. (The one holding home while connecting the device to the PC) The question I have to do:

This method of getting in Recovery mode (The one holding home while connecting the device to the PC) will work at the same way on the iPhone 3Gs (new iBoot)?
    You can see the ECID from DFU mode as well. As far as I know, it doesn't really matter which mode you choose because you can get out of either anyway without the need to restore. Personally, I just put it in DFU mode.

To put it in DFU mode:
    1. Connect your phone to your computer and power off the phone.
    2. Press and hold both power and home button for 10 seconds.
    3. Release power button but keep holding home button for another 10 seconds.
    iTunes will now recognize it.

To get out of DFU mode:
    1. Press and hold both power and home button until the apple logo on the phone flashes, then let go of both buttons immediately.
    2. Wait a second or two and then power off the phone normally.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

actix (2010-03-17), Vicholio (2010-03-14)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Try USBView.. Is says your ECID in Recovery Mode....