Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: cant turn on my iphone? what? please help

Default [fix] cant turn on my iphone? what? please help
    i used a prepare at&t so i can activate my new iphone so i would know what firmware and baseband. so it says 3.1.2 and 5.11.07 for baseband ( can be jailbreak right? , next is i use redsnow 0.9.3 and follow the steps, by the way during the fixed new model question i picked "NO" ( is it right? my serial is 88002 ) so i got the process going and following the instructions.. during the jailbreaking process the screen suddenly goes black, i wait couple of minutes but nothing happen, i tried hold home+power for 10 seconds nothing happens, i try turning the power button only nothing happens, when i connect it to itunes it says in recovery mode, when i try to restore it gives me this error "The iPhone “iPhone” could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build"

please help i cant turn on my iphone
    Last edited by llj143; 2010-03-13 at 12:27 AM.

did you save your SHSH in Cydia? If so you can use that method to restore since Apple no longer signs 3.1.2 firmwares

no i dont have that, its actually a fresh iphone with 3.1.2 ready on it, havent jailbroken before.

please save my iphone

Quote Originally Posted by llj143 View Post
    i used a prepare at&t so i can activate my new iphone so i would know what firmware and baseband. so it says 3.1.2 and 5.11.07 for baseband ( can be jailbreak right? , next is i use redsnow 0.9.3 and follow the steps, by the way during the fixed new model question i picked "NO" ( is it right? my serial is 88002 ) so i got the process going and following the instructions.. during the jailbreaking process the screen suddenly goes black, i wait couple of minutes but nothing happen, i tried hold home+power for 10 seconds nothing happens, i try turning the power button only nothing happens, when i connect it to itunes it says in recovery mode, when i try to restore it gives me this error "The iPhone “iPhone” could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build"

please help i cant turn on my iphone
    You should have click at "Yes" because your phone has the new bootrom in it (base on the serial number 88002, it means the manufacture date is week 2 of 2010)
    It seems that you are out of luck here, restoring it with 3.1.3 is the option now.
    good luck

damn im so stupid.. i should ask first -.-

thanks for the help, im so happy i got it restored back, i dont care if its 3.1.3 il just wait, im happy i got my iphone back thanks dtsexpert