Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs 3.1.3 new bootrom how to down grade?

Default 3gs 3.1.3 new bootrom how to down grade?
    I don't meant to sound repetitive....but i'm a little confused on how to downgrade from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 and then rejailbreak. Could someone pleeaasse help me with this. I'v had my phone jailbroken before with redsnow then snowbreeze. I have at&t with a legit sim. What do i need to do to rejailbreak?

Thank you

Did you save the SHSH for your phone in cydia? If so follow one of the guides posted here

If you didn't you're pretty much SOL

I'm not 100% sure. I had a 3g that was jailbroken with redsnow and then snowbreeze when the new 3.1.3 firmware came out. But then i broke my 3g so i had to buy a new 3gs. Do you think that my shsh was saved? I really hope it was. I don't see why it wouldn't have been. Doesnt it do it automatically when you jailbreak. But since i have a new completely diff phone does that matter?

do you have link to the guidelines posted here? I really appreciate your response. Thanks
    Last edited by godfther1984; 2010-03-12 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

If when you enter Cydia and across the top it says something like this device has SHSH files for 3.1.2 3.1.3 or whatever FW it has saved then you're fine. If it doesn't say so and you didn't manually do it on your computer then well obviously you don't have it saved.

Being on the new bootrom you can't do it without your SHSH files backed up.

Oh yeah, it's on the home screen of Cydia you should see the message across the top in green. If you don't see it you don't have it backed ip thru Cydia.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-03-12 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Ok I know what you are talking about my phone is not jailbroken anymore. I had to buy a new one. and it came with 3.1.3 But my last phone was jailbroken. This has me so frustrated. My luck my shsh files aren't saved.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Oh yeah that's not good. Well, you're lucky you don't need the unlock. You can still use your phone which is great. Don't worry though, a new jailbreak will come soon, just wait it out

If it were me tho... I'm highly impatient. I'd sell mine and buy another on 3.1.2 or 3.0. But that's just me lol
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-03-12 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

so basically since my new phone has never been jailbroken but my old one was i am sol.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Well that and you have the new bootrom but basically yes you can't do much now

oh anyone can help me. I have just bought an iphone 3gs, it is second hand but it is new, he has just bought it from US and he could not use in Cambodia,so sell it to me. After jailbreaking it does not work any more,it only show the itune and usb cable on the iphone screen. How can I restore? And tried on itune but it got stuck. Please give me advices....

I bought one brand new yesterday out the box had 3.1.3 very disappointing.

I backed up my shsh with the server in cydia. Unfortunately, my phone completely bricked to the extent that Apple themselves couldn't repair it. They replaced my iPhone with a new one and I am now wondering would i still be able to downgrade using my shsh that was saved in cydia. Also, before Saurik provided the shsh backup in cydia, i manually backed it up by grabbing those two files.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I backed up my SHSH too... I have FW 3.1.2, but my SHSH is 3.1.3 only.. Because Apple stopped singing 3.1.2 for 3GS....
    I manually downloaded my SHSH with Umbrella from Saurik`s server...
    But it doesn`t help me... I don`t know how to make SHSH for 3.1.2