Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Have I lost my unlock after upgrading my 3GS with custom firmware 3.1.2 ??

Thumbs down Have I lost my unlock after upgrading my 3GS with custom firmware 3.1.2 ??
    Hi Guys !

I hope its not a desaster !!

- my phone was factory unlocked (at least this is what I have been told)
    - i was running 3.0.1
    - my baseband was 04.26.08
    - i had 3.1 on file with saurik
    - my phone was jailbroken and unlocked (probably with ultrasn0w) before
    - i went to a friend who has a MAC and made myself a custom firmware 3.1.2 with pwnage tool 3.1.4.
    - i did not connect my iphone to itunes on my friends MAC, since he has another cell provider.
    - i made the custom firmware without connecting the iphone at all on his MAC
    - i did not use pwnage tool to jb my phone again after i made my custom *.ipsw.
    - after, at home i manually restored my phone with the new custom *.ipsw 3.1.2
    - after the restore itunes wont accept my SIM anymore.
    - and springboard wont come up
    - after that i used the blackrain for 3.1.2 on windows to try and jb my phone again
    - but still SIM not accepted and no access to springboard

QUESTIONS:
    1. which baseband do i have now ?
    2. Can I downgrade baseband or go back to 3.1 ??
    3. what should I do ??

Please Help me ??

Thank you, everybody in advance
    Last edited by CopyPhone; 2009-10-18 at 04:57 PM.

What carrier are you using. IF ur are NOT and ATT carrier, when u created the custom file you should have checked (activate) before creating. IF you ARE an ATT carrier, you should have checked (non-activated) before you created the file.

Make sure ur firmware on your phone is still 04.26.08 (should be if its a custom firmware anyways).....Also try to download redsn0w through Cyndia and install it again. But that applies to the 04.26.08 baseband only.

Does your phone get an signal at all? Did it even activate when itunes seen it?
    Last edited by l0k0; 2009-10-20 at 03:05 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Your Modem Firmware can be found under Settings-->General-->About. Scroll down to the bottom of the About screen.