Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS 3.1.2 Baseband Downgrade Possible?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 3GS 3.1.2 Baseband Downgrade Possible?
    Ok .. so I am a little confused here.

Here's the stats:

32GB 3GS
    Bootloader 06.04
    Baseband 05.11.07 (Upgraded)
    Firmware 3.1.2 Jailbroken via BlackRa1n

I have 3.1 SHSH/ECID on file with Saurick.

I'm a Mac user and didn't wait for the iPhone-Dev team to release PWNAGE. I used BlackRa1n (Windows-Bootcamp) to Jailbreak 3.1.2 but in doing so, this upgraded my BaseBand.

I'd like to be able to downgrade the baseband to 04.
    Is this doable with what I have?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

No u have to wait for an unlock

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Guess I have to wait for an unlock for the new BaseBand, or swap my phone @ Apple and hope for an older BaseBand which is unlikely, right?

I have been dropping tons of calls lately and also have a Bluetooth Audio Garble issue when talking on the phone ...

I smell a replacement??

if you get lucky and get a phone with 3.0/3.01 then you are golden for unlocking again. I've read some people getting 3.0 phones still but majority as of the last 2 weeks seem to be getting 3.1. it mostly depends on how much inventory your store moves.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tentacle View Post
    if you get lucky and get a phone with 3.0/3.01 then you are golden for unlocking again. I've read some people getting 3.0 phones still but majority as of the last 2 weeks seem to be getting 3.1. it mostly depends on how much inventory your store moves.
    It's one of the 5 stores we have in the Toronto area.
    They're all very busy.

Luckily I know a Genius there ... we've been through a lot with my hardware over time with my old MacBook Pro. Maybe I can sway him to give me an older one

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phybersplice View Post
    It's one of the 5 stores we have in the Toronto area.
    They're all very busy.

Luckily I know a Genius there ... we've been through a lot with my hardware over time with my old MacBook Pro. Maybe I can sway him to give me an older one
    Ended up getting a replacement 32GB 3GS with 3.0 and firmware 04 on it.
    Newer backups are incompatible. I gotta start fresh.
    Trying to isolate the bluetooth audio garble issue I had which started from 3.1 and up.

Am I able to do a jailbreak with 3.0 or has apple stopped people from authenticating 3.0 altogether?

Trying to isolate the bluetooth audio garble issue I had which started from 3.1 and up.

Am I able to do a jailbreak with 3.0 or has apple stopped people from authenticating 3.0 altogether?
    Use a custom 3.1.2 firmware. So it will keep ur baseband (unlockable). Then you can do whatever u want with the phone. Plus Cyndia will be installed with the restore. So no need to JB it afterwards because it'll already be done, hehe

redsn0w 0.8.....It doesn't rely on Apple at all. Just be aware that you will NEVER get back to 3.0 again. Make sure you only use custom firmwares that don't update your baseband if you want to get to 3.1 or 3.1.2

Life should stay as long as you follow the Cardinal Rule of unlocking. NEVER UPGRADE TO A STOCK FIRMWARE UNTIL YOU KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT THAT IT WON'T PUT YOUR JAILBREAK & UNLOCK IN JEOPARDY

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

And I also count my blessings that my Apple Genius got me a 3.0 unit from the back room. I begged. He delivered.

I'm currently jailbroken on 3.0.
    I need to test with my car stereo - that's where the problems ensued with the garbled audio over bluetooth. I am going to systematically upgrade every day until I can replicate the issue. If I make it to 3.1.2 without an audio garble issue over bluetooth, then I know that it was the phone's hardware.