Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can Not Open Page in Safari

Default Can Not Open Page in Safari
    First let me state that I'm new to the Iphone and jailbreaking.
    Below is my problem,

When I try to click on a link on installed software IE. like the Carpenter apps and want to upgrade it i get the following error message
    " CANNOT OPEN PAGE"
    Safari cannot open the page because too many redirects occurred.

It is trying to go to this site http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M......621500&mt=8 for that apps. But this isn't the only place it's happening. I was on a local radio station and wanted to get the free apps from their web site "IHEARTRADIO" and I got te same message. It appears any thing I try to get from the apps store via a link, I get this message. I can go into the apps store and download the with no problem. The phone has Cydia on it, I purchased on ebay already jailbroken the seller told me he used "firmware by PwnageTool" to do the jailbreak, but it on 3.1 with the modem Firmware 04.26.08. Any one have any idea's what is going on with this? The other thing I have noticed is the Apps store ICON isn't on the springboard, so I search and found it and went through the apps store and got the Iheartradio just fine. Is there a problem with my jailbreak or is some other apps re directing Safari?

He left alot of apps on the phone for me to look at, should I restore this devive to a factory firmware like 3.0 and jail break and start clean or is the a way to see what routing Safari is tring to take. I have tried doing the same thing download apps from links and get the same message, I have tried it on 2 different WIFI network and the 3G just to make sure I did have some network routing issue.

Like I said I'm all new to the Iphone world and jailbreak so if some could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Thanks,

I have the exact same issue, restoring my iPod did not resolve the issue. Anyone have a resolution to this issue?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

There is nothing wrong with your jailbreak. The phone simply isn't set up to open the appstore like your computer does when you click on a link in its browser.

Strange thing is that this has not always been the case for me, I used to be able to use a "lite" app and go to it's in-app link and get to the AppStore. I don't know why they would setup links in the apps if they aren't supposed to be accessible.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I could never be redirected from within the phones browser.