Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need some help please

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Need some help please
    Hi guys i have 3gs jailbroked , running on 3.01 and i have 3.0 ECID file on cydia .

I want to upgrade to 3.1 but i dont want to lose the unlocking feature which i have right now . so please in step if any one can tell me how to do that ?

I have stored my 3.0 in my pc also and i dont have a mac or access to any mac , so please guys if any one knows how to do that help me . as of what i read i need to have my 3.1 stored cause apple is going to release a major update to close all the holes .

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You will have to track down a custom 3.1 ipsw from the internet to download and use that to restore to. Honestly... upgrading from 3.0 to 3.1 is worthless. I'd wait until they come out with a firmware with some actual feature improvements.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

cyrex (2009-10-14)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply . What about if i want to upgrade to 3.1.2 will i need to make the upgrade to 3.1 then to 3.1.2 or i can i jump straight to 3.1.2 ?

And what is the best site to download the custome firmware from ?

You'll be able to go straight to 3.1.2 if you are set on doing it. Personally, if I depended on an unlock to use my phone I would never trust an ipsw I downloaded from the net. If you get the wrong thing, such as an unmodified 3.1 ipsw, you are toast. You should be able to find someone who has a Mac, friend, coworker, something....or wait for the Windows version, which I would think won't be that much longer. Like Poseidon said, there's nothing that earth-shattering in 3.1.

PS: I think some people think the person with the borrowed Mac has to have an iDevice/iTunes....they don't. If all they are doing is making the ipsw for you PwnageTool and the correct ipsw will suffice, then you can install it to your phone using your own machine.
    Last edited by gillyweed; 2009-10-14 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Thought of something to add....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gillyweed For This Useful Post:

cyrex (2009-10-14)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply . I think i will wait then till something legit for the windows will be available . Thanks again