Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS 3.1...downgrading to get mms/tethering

Default iPhone 3GS 3.1...downgrading to get mms/tethering
    Hey iphone gurus...

if I want to downgrade from 3.1 to 3.0 I know I can get tethering back going to benm.at website but can I enable mms as well or has att put a stop to this? mms is working in my area but I want tethering so I need to downgrade...I was just hoping there was a way to get mms some way...let me know thanks!

::rayman::

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

anyone?

if you are allready jailbroken you might be able to use a custom ipsw to downgrade........

I dont think you can downgrade unless you are on a jailbroken version of 3.1. Your best bet would be doing the 3.1.2 jailbreak with blackrain and using PDAnet to tether.
    iPhone 3gs 3.1 firmware

Lockerz member PM for inv

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

what about just doing a full reset and installing 3.0?

Will not work you will still have that 5.11 base band thing. i want to no if anyone's tethering on 3.1 3gs jailbroking

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I think MyWi works for tethering on 3.1.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iGuru's Avatar
    Thanks

Not sure why you want to downgrade, as there's no need to, MMS will work just fine without any hacks, and you can re-enable tethering using MyWi on 3.1.

However, I would recommend useing PwnageTool to build a 3.1.2 IPSW and update, then either use the hack here, or install MyWi (after you have installed you do not need to use it again - simply enable tethering via the Apple menu) to get tethering enabled - make sure to install a tethering profile from help.benm.at after doing both however, even if you're installing MyWi!

Note, if on AT&T use this mobileconfig to re-enable tethering, instead of the one from benm.at which breaks visual voice mail.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by iGuru; 2009-10-26 at 06:53 PM.
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)