Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs Downgrade so I can Tether

Default 3gs Downgrade so I can Tether
    My question seems a little different from most. Most folks are looking to downgrade so they can jailbrake. I'm looking to jailbreak so I can downgrade to reenable the mobileconfig tethering hack.

I have a 3.1 3gs that has never been jailbroken. It looks like, thanks to Geohot, we may be able to jailbreak via Blackra1n any day now. My question is whether or not jailbreaking is going to get me closer to being able to downgrade to 3.0 or 3.0.1 for the purposes of tethering?

If I'm understanding correctly, once jailbroken, I will be able to install Cydia and register my phone on thier server. But I'll still be stuck registered at 3.1.

What will the likely downgrade options be for the first jailbroken 3.1 3gs's?

Any thoughts would be appreciated...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaygray View Post
    My question seems a little different from most. Most folks are looking to downgrade so they can jailbrake. I'm looking to jailbreak so I can downgrade to reenable the mobileconfig tethering hack.

I have a 3.1 3gs that has never been jailbroken. It looks like, thanks to Geohot, we may be able to jailbreak via Blackra1n any day now. My question is whether or not jailbreaking is going to get me closer to being able to downgrade to 3.0 or 3.0.1 for the purposes of tethering?

If I'm understanding correctly, once jailbroken, I will be able to install Cydia and register my phone on thier server. But I'll still be stuck registered at 3.1.

What will the likely downgrade options be for the first jailbroken 3.1 3gs's?

Any thoughts would be appreciated...
    Everything i've read tells me you will not be able downgrade to 3.0 since you did not have your ECID SHSH signed b4 9/9/9.

Also, as far as tethering just use PdaNet, it works on 3.1

MyWi, also, i'm sure will soon work with 3.1 but a week ago last I heard it was not, that may have changed by now.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bozo8787 For This Useful Post:

CD3660 (2009-10-10)

bozo8787. thanks for the tip regarding PdaNet. Indeed it works on 3.1!

I, too was regretting having gone to 3.1 because of the loss of tethering and I was looking for a way back.

No problem now!