Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3G on 3.1.2 wanting to downgrade to latest confirmed JB FW

Default Iphone 3G on 3.1.2 wanting to downgrade to latest confirmed JB FW
    Hi I am new to this forum, came via youtube, but been reading for a day or so with great interest.

I know that its a pain when n00bs ask etc, but we all got to start somewhere.

I have searched but would rather some assistance.

I have a 3G on 3.1.2 and want to go back to latest JB'able FW so I can do that.

Any advice or tutorials on how? Thanks

Unless you were jailbroken at 3.0/3.0.1 and got a 3.0 ECID SHSH on file with Cydia during a couple days prior to September 9, there will be no downgrading for you. But according to all the rumors, there should be a jailbreak solution for 3.1 any time.

If you want instructions for TRYING to downgrade, see the sticky at the top of this section called "From the fingers of Jay Freeman (saurik)"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to L00i3 For This Useful Post:

Gimmicks (2009-10-10)

thanks for taking the time to reply, I thought the downgrading issue was just for the 3g[s] but must've read wrong.

No my phone has never been jailbroken. So I will keep my eyes peeled on dev team blog and this forum for updates.

Thanks again though

Quote Originally Posted by Gimmicks View Post
    thanks for taking the time to reply, I thought the downgrading issue was just for the 3g[s] but must've read wrong.

No my phone has never been jailbroken. So I will keep my eyes peeled on dev team blog and this forum for updates.

Thanks again though
    You can downgrade. Didn't cath the 3G part. Just figured you were on a 3G[S] since this section is called 3G[S] downgrading.

Just restore to the 3.0 for your phone. You'll still have to do it twice, and fight it to get it out of recovery mode and activated after the second restore though I think.