Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The SIM card inserted in this iPhone doesn't appear to be supported

Unhappy The SIM card inserted in this iPhone doesn't appear to be supported
    I have iTunes 8.2 , iPhone 3gs , FW 3.0.1 , Jail broken and unlocked .. i got this message

The SIM card inserted in this iPhone doesn't appear to be supported

Attached also , please if you have the solution plz help me , thanx .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -untitled.png  

Please help

I have the same problem. Please help?

i have a similar issue with a phone i bought over ebay to fix.
    i believe its locked to at&t which hasnt been an issue in the past with other phones but it only shows up with emergency calls and i cant even seem to do a restore or anything like that on it to get it running.
    any suggestions on a way around it ? i cant jailbreak and unlock it if i cant get into it. i even tried an update to 4.0.1 and the same msg was there

are you in toronto? come and find me

no sorry im in australia. if i get it back to 3.1.3 i can jailbreak it on spirit but i dont know if that will give me access to unlock the stupid sim lock thing.. im not to sure what to do with this one.

here is the solution that worked for me. downgrade back to 3.1.2 (i couldnt go back to 3.1.3 from 4.0.1 no idea why. then run black rain. this got rid of the lock out to at&t then upgrade back to your chosen firmware but if your on a 3g i suggest 3.1.2 or 3.1.3... 4.0 runs ok but a bit slow.
    then re jailbreak with spirit or jailbreakme.com and down load ultrasnow from cydia. from there all is good.
    hope this helps everyone out