Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I have 3G[S] with FW : 3.0.1 , how to JB? plzzz

Default I have 3G[S] with FW : 3.0.1 , how to JB? plzzz
    Hi guys

I have 3GS iPhone with FW version 3.0.1 , i tried the following tutorial iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS on OS 3.0.x Using RedSn0w (Windows) and i got a message : "The iPhone could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build." , i tried the version 3.0 and 3.0.1 , and i got the same message .

Any help on that ? how can i downgrade to 3.0 ?

Thanks Guys !

If your phone is working, you don't need to restore it first. You got that message because you are no allowed to restore to anything but 3.1 right now. So don't restore. Also, I would recommend researching the whole situation before actually doing anything to your phone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

seeing as you joined this month, i assume you have no info stored on cydia so you can NEVER go back to 3.0 or 3.0.1

3.1 is your only option now.

use Pwnage Tool 3.1.3 if you have a Mac computer or download a custom firmware from the internet, then use iTunes to restore it (Shift + Click)

Note: downloading custome firmwares is probably illegal, and you have the chance that some idiot uploaded a OEM firmware (renaming it to a custome name) and you will will end up locking your phone.
    Last edited by Madman604x; 2009-10-08 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Madman604x View Post
    use Pwnage Tool 3.1.3 if you have a Mac computer or download a custom firmware from the internet, then use iTunes to restore it (Shift + Click)
    The Dev Team's blog post says:

Quote Originally Posted by Dev Team
    The iPhone 3GS is now supported in PwnageTool 3.1.3, assuming the phone was pwned at 3.0 or 3.0.1
    So I have *not* updated to 3.1 I still have my 3GS at 3.0.1. But it's not pwned (which I think is the same situation as the OP). In that case you can't even use the PwnageTool to upgrade, right?

I captured 3 files:

iBEC.n88ap.RELEASE.dfu iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw
    iBSS.n88ap.RELEASE.dfu

But I guess even with those, since I didn't get "on file" with Cydia, I can't jailbreak now? Is there any reason then not to update to stock 3.1?

Let me say it one more time.

IF YOUR PHONE IS WORKING CORRECTLY ON 3.0 OR 3.0.1, YOU CAN JAILBREAK WITHOUT RESTORING FIRST!!!!! JUST FREEKIN RUN REDSN0W 0.8 AND FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!

Quote Originally Posted by L00i3 View Post

IF YOUR PHONE IS WORKING CORRECTLY ON 3.0 OR 3.0.1, YOU CAN JAILBREAK WITHOUT RESTORING FIRST!!!!! JUST FREEKIN RUN REDSN0W 0.8 AND FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!
    So I got to the part where it wants me to connect my iPhone in restore mode and my concern is: is this gonna work? Or is it going to try and repeat the signing process, be unable to, and then I have to do a real restore?

Other problem: It will not work with the 3.0.1 firmware I have. It says "unable to recognize specified IPSW". It works fine with the 3.0 that I also have stored. Why won't it work with 3.0.1?
    Last edited by JakiChan; 2009-10-09 at 09:30 AM.

redsn0w does not *install* firmware.

I have jailbroken 3.0 at least 5 times in the last 5 days on my phone. IT F**K'N WORKS!!!
    Last edited by L00i3; 2009-10-09 at 09:31 AM.

Well, until PwnageTool supports 3.1.2 I guess I'm not in a huge hurry anyway...I'm only doing this to somehow get to 3.1 land without thrashing my baseband.

Default Another problem :(
    Quote Originally Posted by L00i3 View Post

Yeah , you are totally right ! i could jail break my 3gs ..

Then , i have to unlock my iphone , unfortunately i don't have Wi-fi , so i did a research and found a tool to do the offline unlocking under the windows , and i have successfully unlocked my iphone ..

Then i could notice that the network wasn't stable , i mean the coverage changed to 0% each 10 seconds , so i decided to used " Cydia" using my 3G connection on the SIM , i was planning to re-unlock !

Because of none stable network , i had to repeat the operation many times until i could download the ultrasn0w installer and install it ..

Now after rebooting , the phone rebooted on Safe mode , i tried to reboot it , now it reboots on normal mode , but it can't see any network , and the performance is too slow ...

I can believe that i should do a restore to the original ROM OS ..

Any ideas ? any tips ? ...

Thanx
    Last edited by mathboy; 2009-10-09 at 11:50 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

Reason redsnow is not wrkong for the 3.0.1 fw is cause you need to choose the 3.0 firmware (not 3.0.1) in redsnow and then it will jb your 3.0.1 iphone 3GS

Yeah i know , i did the JB with FW 3.0

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

Alright let me just get this straight, u currently have 3.0.1 and you do/don't have it jb? And you do/don't want to have 3.1 jb?

i have 3.0.1 , and i did the Jailbreak , then i used the following tool:
    ultraSn0w offline unlock iPhone 3G 3.0 no need internet or wifi ! - Hackint0sh
    It unlocked the phone , but the network wasn't stable so i decided to test the ultrasn0w tool under the cydia , after that the phone is not recognize the network anymore ..

* Updates *

http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...ml#post4988704
    Last edited by mathboy; 2009-10-10 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost