Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Oh My Goodness!!!! Please read. Successful Downgrade/Apps Return

Default Oh My Goodness!!!! Please read. Successful Downgrade/Apps Return
    1. Accidental upgrade/hijack to 3.1 on my 3Gs

2. Two days of trying to downgrade to 3.0 ( I had a 3.0 ECID on file in Cydia)

3. Finally: Used sauriks instructions.

4. Use Redsn0w and jailbroke BUT!!! lost my cell signal.

5. RE-restored to 3.0 again in iTunes again.

6. This time after sauriks instructions: Reactivate your AT&T account doing the following:

In iTUNES I used create as : A NEW iPHONE! / Not "there are older iPhone backups, Do you want to restore. (not the exact words but close enough)
    VERY IMPORTANT!!!!
    If you pick "I have old iPhone backups, it will give you an error message:

"The iPhone software is too old. You must restore with the new software"!!!!!!

7. Signal perfect and strong after Create new iPhone in iTunes and activation of AT&T.

8. Jailbroke : Used PurpleRa1n for 3Gs for Mac. It has Windows also. That took 2 minutes!!!

9. But the BEST PART was that I had ROCK YOUR PHONE's Rock App and I backed up all my apps.

10. I went to Rock' app and I then to Manage/Backup and Restore, It had ALL MY APPS!!!! I just check the ones I wanted to reinstall and WOW, all my apps were installed. It took 10 minutes to get all my previous apps before the disaster.

I just wanted to share this since everyone was so kind and gave me great instructions. To everybody, thank you very much.

If you don't have Rock App. Please ROCK YOUR PHONE!!!!!!

Congrats on the successful downgrade.

I use a combination of PkgBackup, AppBackup & iTunes to achieve the same fast app restore results.

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

I have had nothing but problems with any RYP stuff so I think I'll stay away form it thanks.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hi i just downloaded and installed rock your phone to my 3gs running 3.01 .
    Could you please tell me how do i back up all my apps ( 170 ) so that in case anything might goes wrong i can restor it , i have alot of apps installed from ******** so will i be able to back it up ??

Hi Cyrex,

Once it is installed, just go to Manage>Settings>App Backup. Click Save Packages to RockID.
    When you need to Restore your apps, just go to the above path, but now touch Restore From Backup.
    You will see 5 newest backups. It backs up automatically. You can name/rename your backups.
    Touch a backup, then go down the list and check or uncheck the ones you want or do not want installed.
    Then: Hit "Restore From Backup"

It will go to another screen, showing the progress of the backup. If it can not reinstall, it will tell you: Back up failed.
    I had 127 things to reinstall and it reinstall all but 5.
    I later went to Cydia and install the 5 things it could not.

If some app fails to install, do not forget to touch the continue button.

I loved it. Good luck.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rottray For This Useful Post:

cyrex (2009-10-10)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks Rottray for the tip .

my iphone 3gs f/w 3.0.1 and it was jb and unlock with ultra..today i erese all setting content frome setting>> genarels>> reset. now it only apple logo . i am using itune 8.2

Quote Originally Posted by jewelzeem View Post
    my iphone 3gs f/w 3.0.1 and it was jb and unlock with ultra..today i erese all setting content frome setting>> genarels>> reset. Now it only apple logo . I am using itune 8.2
    oops!!!