Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Trouble with Itunes and Sauriks server

Default Trouble with Itunes and Sauriks server
    Hi there,

first off, i am on an iphone 3gs on 3.1...i jailbroke on 3.0 and pressed the make my life easier button on cydia, but my issue is with the host file.....

I added the server info to my host file and saved it and all that good stuff, but it seems as if my itunes still is not contacting sauriks seRver because I am getting the "not eligible for requested build" error message and not the "3200(?, i forgot the number of the ErroR)"...I searched EVERYWHERE, every forum and site I could find for an explanation, but to no avail. If anyone has any insight to my problem, id appreciate any help you could offer. Thanks for your time guys and gals

About the only explanation would be that your hosts file is actually not configured correctly. If it was, you would either get error 3002 (no info on file) or a successful firmware load followed by error 1015.

go to a command prompt and type: ping gs.apple.com

what is the IP address? it should be what you put in the hosts file (74.208.105.171 is saurik's server, 127.0.0.1 is localhost if you are using tinytss)

Default Same Problem
    I am having the same problem. I went to command and this is what it said:

Pinging gs.apple.com.akadns.net [17.151.........] with 32 bytes of data:

it does not have Suariks server #, even though i put it in. Maybe I am doing it wrong. i followed the steps and saved it in notepad. When i open it again it is still in there at the bottom. Am I doing it wrong. I am not very knowledgeable in changing this kind of stuff on computers. If someone could help I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

I also had that problem when I pinged.....

ping gs.apple.com
    PING gs.apple.com (74.208.105.171): 56 data bytes

my host file is as follows

##
    # Host Database
    #
    # localhost is used to configure the loopback interface
    # when the system is booting. Do not change this entry.
    ##
    127.0.0.1 localhost
    255.255.255.255 broadcasthost
    ::1 localhost
    fe80::1%lo0 localhost
    74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

Now, whenever i try to restore to 3.0 software in dfu mode, I get the not eligible message

Default Iphone
    I know. I must be doing something wrong with the host file because I can't get apple to contact sauriks server it seems like. I wish there were a more detailed instruction or video for troubleshooting changing the hosts file.
    Last edited by Sull007; 2009-10-10 at 01:10 AM.

You might have to restart your computer after you edit the host file.

tried that, itunes just doesnt seen to want to contact saurik

Have the same problem!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

What version does Cydia say it has saved in the top of Cydia home?

Quote Originally Posted by Sull007 View Post
    I know. I must be doing something wrong with the host file because I can't get apple to contact sauriks server it seems like. I wish there were a more detailed instruction or video for troubleshooting changing the hosts file.
    What OS you using?

Here is what I used to help me.

Quote Originally Posted by remf View Post
    For OS X:

1) Open Terminal
    2) sudo pico /etc/hosts
    3) Paste 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com at the end of the text
    4) Ctrl-x to Exit

For Vista:

1) Browse to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories
    2) Right click "Notepad" and select "Run as administrator"
    3) Click "Continue" on the UAC prompt
    4) Click File -> Open
    5) Browse to "C:WindowsSystem32Driversetc"
    6) Change the file filter drop down box from "Text Documents (*.txt)" to "All Files (*.*)"
    7) Select "hosts" and click "Open"
    8) Paste 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com at the end of the text
    9) Save & Exit
    Be sure to thank him.
    Last edited by Cer0; 2009-10-10 at 04:46 AM.

im not jailbroken right now, so i dont havE cydia, but when i type in those commands i get this message (im on leopard btw)

Last login: Fri Oct 9 17:23:25 on ttys000
    joseph-debellos-macbook:~ jdebello$ sudo pico /etc/hosts
    sudo: /private/etc/sudoers is mode 0644, should be 0440
    joseph-debellos-macbook:~ jdebello$

Thanks

Did it ask you for the admin password?

Also try to use Disk Utility to repair permissions.

Default cerote
    Thanks. I followed your instructions on the Hosts file and I finally got back to 3.0. I jailbroke with redsnow 0.8 and everything came back up, except I have no service now. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks

Hi there, right now i have a custom firmware on my 3gs 3.1 and been trying to downgrade to 3.0 on saurik server but unable to do so. could this screen shot be the reason for that as it says i have a 3.1 ecid shsh on file which i dont understand why because i was on 3.0.1 when i captured my file on cydia

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sull007 View Post
    Thanks. I followed your instructions on the Hosts file and I finally got back to 3.0. I jailbroke with redsnow 0.8 and everything came back up, except I have no service now. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks
    Not sure on this one. Are you legit ATT or needing unlock?

Swest: Did you capture before 3.1? I think the window closed to briefly that most didn't get 3.0.1 captured but only got 3.0. I believe I saw a tweet by Saurik that it only shows the earliest version that was captured. I am on 3.1 JB but my cydia says 3.0 on file.
    Last edited by Cer0; 2009-10-10 at 06:06 PM.

i tried using the terminal commands, same issues.....still not eligible....I am using the 3.0 firmware for my 3gs

iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw........I dont know what else to do, I am constantly getting the not eligible erroR message

Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    Not sure on this one. Are you legit ATT or needing unlock?

Swest: Did you capture before 3.1? I think the window closed to briefly that most didn't get 3.0.1 captured but only got 3.0. I believe I saw a tweet by Saurik that it only shows the earliest version that was captured. I am on 3.1 JB but my cydia says 3.0 on file.
    3.1 wasnt even out when i captured

tried restarting after editing host file through terminal, still no dice, doesnt seem to be contacting sauriks server as I am not getting the error message, jusT the not eligible message

Thanks

We should start a club ; /

Thanks

I was able to go back down to 3.0 this afternoon from 3.1.2....I had to do it twice, and then I used redsn0n to JB 3.0, and then I used PwnageTool to build a custom ipsw, and installed by itunes...Done!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast