Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3GS 3.1 to 3.0.1 please help

Unhappy Iphone 3GS 3.1 to 3.0.1 please help
    Hi everyone

I firmly believe you can help. I ordered this Iphone 3GS 32GB with firmware 3.0.1 from Ebsilk: original iPhone 3GS 32g mobile phone quad-band wh ...$927.18 Price at EBsilk

It has been sold as factory unlocked Iphone. I bought it for resale and as soon as I received it, I only tried to insert a few SIM cards from different operators. Everything was working fine. I sold it and my customer wanted to upgrade it to for software 3.1.
    What’s happened? It’s got blocked. He sent it back to me and yes, the message on screen is asking for a valid SIM card.
    Please advise what should I do now? I heard that I can downgrade it, but … I have no idea about these issues… Any comments, ideas welcome. Please help.

Sajgonka

iPhone? More like MyPhone General Klinger's Avatar
    Thanks

If you had the esch on file, then you can downgrade. If not, then you are stuck. You shouldn't be trying to make a profit off smomething that you have no idea how to fix.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to General Klinger For This Useful Post:

sajgonka81 (2009-10-06)

Default You're right
    You're absolutely right. Unfortunately I do not have "esch" file... What shall I do now? Is there any solution?

Even if you had the ECID SHSH on file for 3.0, and could downgrade the main OS, you wouldn't be able to downgrade the baseband which is what needs to be unlocked for using other-than-official SIMs. Looks like you got duped by the dude saying it was factory unlocked. Might as well try and sell it to someone who doesn't need an unlock solution and has a valid SIM for the official carrier. You might take a loss, but oh well. That's a risk you take. If it's an AT&T phone, I'll give you $50 for it.