Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS 3.1 Downgrade to 3.0.1 | 3G Connection Issues

Exclamation 3GS 3.1 Downgrade to 3.0.1 | 3G Connection Issues
    Hey Guys,

When the 3.1 jailbreak was released I got greedy and upgraded from 3.0.1 with tethering and all that awesome stuff to 3.1 in hopes of the Voice Over bluetooth feature. Unfortunately I forgot about the signed carrier packages and the inability to downgrade, and have ran into a rather large issue which has cut deep into my productivity and am now considering downgrading just to fix the issue.

Current Issue
    - Intermittent internet connection, disable & enable 3g for it to work, this is the largest problem yet.

I have accepted the fact that I have lost tethering, no big deal, hopefully one day there will be an awesome workaround. However this internet issue is my biggest concern. I have played around with the baseband and installed 5.0, 5.5, and even 6.0 and still having these issues.

I thought I had my ECID on file at 3.0.1 but from what I have read, it may have been a fluke. Cydia now reads that I have a 3.1 ECID SHSH on file which sucks because I never received that prompt in 3.1. Did my file get overwritten? Nevertheless, I have ran out of options and really want to either downgrade or resolve the 3G connection issue.

I would really appreciate any and all assistance on the matter.

Sorry, no downgrading for you. If you are upgraded to a jailbroken 3.1, you can try restoring to that same custom 3.1 (or make a new one if you have a mac) If you upgraded to stock 3.1, you are neither downgrading (ever) or jailbreaking (yet)

Default 3GS Firmware
    I gotchya, I have tried rebuilding a new firmware package a few times and still nothing. I even went ahead and downloaded the firmware again, thinking it might have been a bad download.