Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3gs 3.0 -> 3.0

Default iphone 3gs 3.0 -> 3.0
    I currently have an iphone 3gs unlocked and jailbroken, running on the 3.0 fw.
    my battery life however, can never last me past half a day.
    i was wondering if doing a restore to a new iphone would help my problem.
    i do have the 3.0 ECID SHSH on my phone, but will it end up being 3.0 or 3.1? thanksss

Thanks

If you are CERTAIN that cydia has your 3.0 ECID files on file, then you can download the 3.0FW and do a <Shift> restore and point ti it.
    You also need to perform the host fiel changes outlined in Saurik's thread.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simtech For This Useful Post:

limitedition21 (2009-10-04)

thanks, how can i be SURE that its on file? (it says it on the front when i open cydia).
    do you know / think this will actually help my battery life though? Because right now, everything is working fine / i like the phone the way it is w/o the 3.1 update. but having battery life of like 7 hours with minimal usage is just.. painful. thanks again.

Thanks

If it says in in cydia (you have 3.0 ..bla bla bla) then good. But, I can't say that this will fix your problem, but if it were me, it would be the first thing I would try.

Quote Originally Posted by Simtech View Post
    If it says in in cydia (you have 3.0 ..bla bla bla) then good. But, I can't say that this will fix your problem, but if it were me, it would be the first thing I would try.
    guess i'll give it a shot. out of curiosity, hows the battery life for your phone?