Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Install of custom ipsw successful, but no Cydia?

Default Install of custom ipsw successful, but no Cydia?
    I have a 3.0 3GS that was jailbroken using purplera1n.

When I tried to install the ipsw from the PwnageTool (I followed all of the instructions exactly), everything went fine, but Cydia did not install. If I add in any other jailbreak apps, some of them show up, but do not work. For exemple, biteSMS and Backgrounder show up, but biteSMS will not run. Backgrounder will launch and let me change the settings, but it doesn't actually work to background anything.

I have tried a few times and with different packages inserted into the ipsw by the PwnageTool.

I am still on baseband 04.26.08, but I do not have my ECID on file with Cydia. And my phone is definitely on 3.1 now. Oh, and I get the custom logos when I start my phone.

Is there anything that can be done to get Cydia installed and the jailbreak apps running? Or am I boned?
    Last edited by Iboremyselftoo; 2009-10-03 at 09:09 PM.

Try typing "cydia" into spotlight on the iphone.

Didnt show up for me either but was actually installed just no icon. After I launched it through spotlight I re-installed sbsettings and found out it was "poofed" for some reason.

AppBackup no workie for me. Tempted to go back to 3.0 and wait for apss to be (hopefully) updated.

Not seeing it in Spotlight either. So weird. And I've tried before and after restoring my backup, that doesn't seem to make much of a difference.

I guess that this point, what I'm worried about is that I'm screwed and won't be able to jailbreak again. And I don't think I'll be able to downgrade to 3.0 since I don't have my ECID on file with Cydia. Ugh.

I'll post this here in case anyone else has the same issue.

I tried about a dozen times to get everything to work before downloading a new 3.1 IPSW file to start with. That seemed to do the trick. I guess the one I had before had some issue with it.

So now I'm all jailbroken and good to go! Luckily, the bad IPSW didn't kill my ability to jailbreak.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Good for you .