Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs downgrade ecid stored on cydia...issues

Default 3gs downgrade ecid stored on cydia...issues
    jailbroken iphone when i was at ipsw 3.0 and 3.0.1. had issues had to upgrade to fix major error. my ecid was stored on cydia i was able to downgrade "once" to 3.0 from 3.1 but lost carrier abilities so i went back to 3.1 now itunes isnt even letting me downgrade back again to 3.0 ive adjusted my host file also, and according to info ive read online its pinging correctly. if im imformed correctly this adjustment interupts the contact to the apple store and reroutes to sauriks server were my 3.0 ecid is stored. any ideas on why this worked b4 and no longer is. also a side note after begrudgingly upgrading to 3.1 my iphone still shows "david" were at&t logo is supposed to be...strange. ive also tried dfu mode but only with the itunes usb logo. some are reffering to a black screen dfu mode that i cannot get to but im thinking this mode is only accessible with a current jailbroken phone. anyone with input feel free to help me

You should be able to get to the DFU mode without jailbreaking, just need a few more tries I say.

so there is a black screen dfu mode? that i need to be at to downgrade properly. this is done by holding both buttons down until reboot (10 seconds) and then home button (2 seconds)?

Yes, there's a black screen DFU mode, here's a quote from Saurik's article

"Now, one would have hoped that the process would be as easy as "restore using the 3.0 IPSW". If only we were that lucky. The first problem is that a downgrade from 3.1 to 3.0 must be initiated in DFU mode.

So, we begin: hold down the lock and menu buttons (some call these the power and home buttons) for 10 seconds, letting go of the lock button but continuing to hold menu until iTunes recognizes the device with the message: "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes.".

Note that, at this point, your iPhone's screen should be entirely black. Many people confuse "DFU" with "recovery" (and in fact, iTunes itself glosses over this), but they are quite different. If you see anything on your screen, such as the iTunes logo and a sync cable, or a cartoon of Steve Jobs swearing in Cyrillic, you are in recovery mode and need to try again. One can find videos online that may help."

You could see the original article here,

Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)

P.S From my experience, 10 sec = when you see the Apple logo, hope this will help
    Last edited by Buddha321; 2009-10-03 at 06:02 PM. Reason: more info

If you have speakers on your computer, you don't even need to time anything for DFU mode. Keep itunes open so you can verify it finds phone in recovery mode, and that your screen is off on your phone when it does.

Hold both buttons until you hear the "usb disconnected" sound.
    release sleep and continue to hold home until you hear the "usb connected" sound
    Let go of button.
    Screen will stay black, and itunes will discover a phone in recovery mode.

To get out of DFU mode (like if you wanna practice or whatever)

Hold home and sleep until you hear the "usb disconnected" sound
    Boot logo will appear on phone, and phone will disappear from itunes
    Last edited by L00i3; 2009-10-03 at 10:28 PM.