Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade jailbroken 3.1 3GS back to 3.0

Default Downgrade jailbroken 3.1 3GS back to 3.0
    Account deleted
    Last edited by taylor_cwtk; 2010-02-01 at 11:38 PM. Reason: ACCOUNT DELETED

maybe you have the 3.1 ECID file and not the 3.0 one

Account deleted
    Last edited by taylor_cwtk; 2010-02-01 at 11:38 PM. Reason: ACCOUNT DELETED

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So were you able to JB? I am getting error 3002 as well but when trying to downgrade from 3.1 to 3.0.

Account deleted
    Last edited by taylor_cwtk; 2010-02-01 at 11:39 PM. Reason: ACCOUNT DELETED

taylor_cwtk, you clicked the button while you're on FW 3.0 doesn't mean that you have a 3.0 ECID SHSH hashed, since the process isn't for backing up something that was on the phone already. ECID SHSH is only a piece of info that authorized your iPhone to accept that version of FW, and you need Apple to sign that authorization. But since Apple has stopped signing for FW 3.0 before you clicked that button, you only have the authorization to install FW 3.1. Make sense?

So in other words, you could be on FW 1.1(if possible, or any other version) while you click that button, as long as it happened after Apple closed the window, you'll only have a 3.1 ECID SHSH on Cydia

Account deleted
    Last edited by taylor_cwtk; 2010-02-01 at 11:39 PM. Reason: ACCOUNT DELETED

It's probably something to do with the baseband, which my knowledge is even more limited. Any expert that can offer some words of wisdom here?

I also have a question that's kinda related, if someone upgraded a JBed 3.0 to a 3.1 thru pwnage tool, is that any ways to downgrade to an JB 3.0? Obviously I don't think you can do that thru iTune, but as it it jailbroken already, the phone should accpet custom FW, right?(the chain is not broken, but can it be reversed?) So the question is if there's any tools out there that can help you do that?(Is pwnage tool solely for upgrading?)

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha321 View Post
    It's probably something to do with the baseband, which my knowledge is even more limited. Any expert that can offer some words of wisdom here?

I also have a question that's kinda related, if someone upgraded a JBed 3.0 to a 3.1 thru pwnage tool, is that any ways to downgrade to an JB 3.0? Obviously I don't think you can do that thru iTune, but as it it jailbroken already, the phone should accpet custom FW, right?(the chain is not broken, but can it be reversed?) So the question is if there's any tools out there that can help you do that?(Is pwnage tool solely for upgrading?)
    The missing network logo is an apple bug according to musclenerd, harmless but annoying. As for downgrading to for 3.1 JB to 3.0 JB, you can only do it if either:

1. You have 3.0 blobs on file (in which case you would restore to stock and then redsn0w)

or

2. You have a custom built 3.0 FW, only the dev-team have these AFAIK.