Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3gS with ra1ny cert, 3.0 iBSS and iBEC Signed with my ECID

Quote Originally Posted by L00i3 View Post
    Maybe that was my problem. Thought since I had my shsh file, that would sign the temp files. It signs the restore, why wouldn't the temp files be signed?
    Correct, it should still work. The grabber just didn't work right or something.

Since iTunes *thinks* you are doing a legit 3.0 restore, the files still show up.

If it matters, they may have fixed this behavior in iTunes 9.x. I was using 8.2 before.

For (99%) people who never got these files and never got a 3.0 blob, it is a chicken and the egg problem. You can't do a 3.0 restore because you dont have a 3.0 blob, so you can't get these files so you can get a 3.0 blob.

Any one have a step by step for this? Need some help with the cmd line stuff.

Using this same concept, should there now be a way to create a set of unsigned files by collecting signed ones and comparing the differences in the files? If those are able to be created, maybe purplera1nyday can be used to sign them. I'm not a coder by any means, but I have some free time and I could send you my restore files to check them out (well, everything except iBSS, since is it missing from EVERY folder I grabbed, even from dfu mode).

Quote Originally Posted by rkturbo View Post
    Using this same concept, should there now be a way to create a set of unsigned files by collecting signed ones and comparing the differences in the files? If those are able to be created, maybe purplera1nyday can be used to sign them. I'm not a coder by any means, but I have some free time and I could send you my restore files to check them out (well, everything except iBSS, since is it missing from EVERY folder I grabbed, even from dfu mode).
    The unsigned files are all inside the ipsw file. In order to generate unsigned files, all you have to do is go into the ipsw and pull out the files.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to L00i3 For This Useful Post:

rkturbo (2009-10-05)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123