Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: have ECID # but not backed up to cydia, any way to restore to 3.0

Question have ECID # but not backed up to cydia, any way to restore to 3.0
    when i had my iphone 3gs jailbroken a friend told me to back up my ECID so i downloaded a program to grab the number which i have saved on my pc. i soon after experienced a battery draining problem so i thought i would blow it away and start over (not knowing that i couldn't restore to the 3.0.1 firmware) to see if it was hardware or software related. The problem is gone but i am now stuck on 3.1. My question... is there any way or anyone to send my ecid # to have it backed up on the cydia server so that i can restore to 3.0 or is there any way for me to restore knowing my ecid.
    Thanks everyone!!

Quote Originally Posted by yarisboi View Post
    when i had my iphone 3gs jailbroken a friend told me to back up my ECID so i downloaded a program to grab the number which i have saved on my pc. i soon after experienced a battery draining problem so i thought i would blow it away and start over (not knowing that i couldn't restore to the 3.0.1 firmware) to see if it was hardware or software related. The problem is gone but i am now stuck on 3.1. My question... is there any way or anyone to send my ecid # to have it backed up on the cydia server so that i can restore to 3.0 or is there any way for me to restore knowing my ecid.
    Thanks everyone!!

no. if you missed the window when apple was signing 3.0 firmwares, you are out of luck until dev team jb's apple 3.1 (what you are on)

if you would have waited until today to load 3.1, you could have loaded a jb 3.1, but it only works on a phone that is coming off of a 3.0jb.

so what you need to do now is use one of the tools to capture your 3.1 shsh blob. theres a tool in this forum called umbrella that will let youinput your ECID and contact apple and get a signed SHSH blob for 3.1 ... what does that do? assures you can restore to 3.1 in the future. why would you want to restore to 3.1 in the future? because hopefully dev team or someone will figure out a way for you to JB your 3.1 and leave you with the ability to ALWAYS restore DOWN to 3.1, even if apple is not authorizing it.