Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Confirmed by Dev Team : iPhone 3GS PwnageTool to be released TODAY

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you guys! I will wait for a solution

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

question. does pwnage tool require only OS-X or can any mac OS run it?

Since I'm on a 3GS with 3.1 OTB the wait continues, but great work by the dev team so far! If a jailbreak [and ideally unlock] for my handset is out by the end of October I'll be as happy as they come...

Damnn so I can't jb since my ipone was 3.1 out the box.

Been waiting for this only to be massively disappointed with the line "we are not developing a Windows version of PwnageTool" on the dev team blog

Do I read into this that dev team are treating us without Mac's (or access to one) a little bit the way Apple are treating us atm or is it a case that the dev team will pass the relevant source code or method onto a trusted Windows developer who'll do the job for us Windows users with 3GS's of which I'd guess is at least half of those waiting?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

im gonna goto the Apple store an install Pwnage Tool in all the machines there.

Quote Originally Posted by Moi1970 View Post
    Been waiting for this only to be massively disappointed with the line "we are not developing a Windows version of PwnageTool" on the dev team blog

Do I read into this that dev team are treating us without Mac's (or access to one) a little bit the way Apple are treating us atm or is it a case that the dev team will pass the relevant source code or method onto a trusted Windows developer who'll do the job for us Windows users with 3GS's of which I'd guess is at least half of those waiting?
    you can use a (custom) 3.1 3gs software created by anyone on your win 7

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Madman604x View Post
    im gonna goto the Apple store an install Pwnage Tool in all the machines there.

It will be a fruits party down there apple from steve + pineapple from the devs

I think apple store should sell only apple for the time being
    Last edited by masterm; 2009-10-03 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. The Following User Says Thank You to masterm For This Useful Post:

Moi1970 (2009-10-03)

Quote Originally Posted by masterm View Post
    Thought custom firmwares for iPhone X won't work on someone elses iPhone or does it work now because the baseband won't be in the custom 3.1 and thats what the sticking point of using someone else used to be?

In short, once the initial tests have been done and someone posts a link to a "custom 3.1" software, would I use for example redsnow 0.8win to apply the custom 3.1, then jailbreak as per normal?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by masterm View Post

Is this also the same for Win XP users?? and also, where could we get these custom fw's?

Thought custom firmwares for iPhone X won't work on someone elses iPhone or does it work now because the baseband won't be in the custom 3.1 and thats what the sticking point of using someone else used to be?

In short, once the initial tests have been done and someone posts a link to a "custom 3.1" software, would I use for example redsnow 0.8win to apply the custom 3.1, then jailbreak as per normal?
    yep you can use the same custom ipsw...it's not tied to any specific iphone

Would installing Leopard on a PC do the trick?

Quote Originally Posted by laufy View Post
    Is this also the same for Win XP users?? and also, where could we get these custom fw's?
    yes it is the same for XP , Vista , Win 7
    where could we get these custom fw's?
    its not allowed to put links here to custom ipsw ,but use google and check that the custom 3.1 has cydia and unlocked using the new PwnageTool

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow. No JB for out of the box 3GS. I wonder how much my jailbroken one would fetch on eBay?
    Last edited by CaptainChaos; 2009-10-03 at 04:36 AM. Reason: Doh!

i jailbreaked my 3.1 and its currently on baseband 4.28.06 but i still don't have network service.

Quote Originally Posted by rayms123 View Post
    i jailbreaked my 3.1 and its currently on baseband 4.28.06 but i still don't have network service.
    If you are not at&t customer or you are not useing any supported/official iphone carrier in your country , then open cydia and instell ultrasn0w
    otherwise stay away from ultrasn0w as it will missup your phone
    Last edited by masterm; 2009-10-03 at 02:49 PM.

thanks info,god job

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12