Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New forum members, please read this before posting questions

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

Default New forum members, please read this before posting questions
    This forum is for the specific job of informing people on how they can possibly downgrade their 3G[S] iPhones from 3.1, and preserve their basebands if they are upgrading to 3.1.

-DO NOT UPDATE TO 3.1 Firmware unless God himself told you to. If you already have, you may be stuck without a paddle.

- If you have not stored your ECID info with Cydia before firmware 3.1 was released by Apple, you NEVER will. It can't be done. don't bother asking. If you don't know what i'm talking about, it's too late already. 3.1 is the only firmware you can use.

- if iTunes wont let you restore to anything else but Firmware 3.1, thats is because Apple won't let you. You may get "this device is not..." errors. that means you're stuck with 3.1

- you can learn how to save your ECID info for 3.1 firmware which IS Jailbreak-able and learn how to set up your own "Apple Server" and keep your phone at least at 3.1.

- You will learn what is an ECID, hash, and blob is, why they are important, and how to get them

- You will find many AMAZING programs and tools, written by members, that will help you preserve your phone the way you want it.

- Please read through the mountains of threads, they all have to do with problems and questions very similar to yours. All contain very good and painstakingly gathered information.

-Start your reading with the very first thread at the top of forum
    http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...ecid-shsh.html

-Most importanly READ, READ, READ. It will all become clear.

I'm not a mod, nor do i run this forum, i just like helping others
    Thank you.

Edits with help from L00i3
    Last edited by Madman604x; 2009-10-02 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Madman604x View Post
    This forum is for the specific job of informing people on how they can downgrade their 3G[S] iPhones from 3.1 and preserve their basebands.
    Sorry to nit-pick, but that is very misleading. Baseband is not preserved if the phone was upgraded to 3.1. Being able to downgrade from 3.1 to 3.0 preserves/reenables the jailbreak. Not the baseband or unlock.