Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unable to restore back to 3.0.1 even with the ECID SHSH on file

Default Unable to restore back to 3.0.1 even with the ECID SHSH on file
    My iphone(3.0.1) couldn't restart just now, so i needed to restore it. I have the 3.0.1 ECID SHSH on file because I remember i saw that line on the top of the page in Cydia.

I have added the ip address "74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com" in the bottom of the host file. and when i restore it using the 3.0.1 ipsw it says there is an unknown error 3002....

so whats the problem here? i have the 3.0.1 ECID SHSH on file, added that ip address in the host file and put my iphone in DFU mode...

is it because my iphone isnt on 3.1 yet and it cant restore from 3.0.1 to 3.0.1??

guysss please help me out....

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

the big question is...WHEN did you submit your ECID to Cydia?

if 3.1 was released, you're too late, and stuck with 3.1

the "make my life easier" was probably up for 2 weeks but only active for 1 week before Apple dropped the bomb.

what!!!!!????????????????

then probly i was too late....omg...

but why does it still say my device has a 3.0.1 ECID SHSH on file...so does it mean anythin now? does my iphone have the 3.0.1 ECID SHSH on file or not??? im soo screwed...

why would it be too late if i missed the first week?

Thanks

getting the signatures requires apple to sign off on the firmwares. when apple closes the door, you're left out in the cold,cold world of 3.1

only Apple can sign the firmwares, no one else.

why does it say you have your 3.0.1 signatures stored? its a mistake.

run Tinytss and see what blobs you are getting form the Cydia server. i bet its 3.1

"NOTICE: 3.1 Blobs detected" is what it willl likely say. if it says 3.0.1 detected i dunno what to say. try restoring agin.

do i run the Tinytss.exe or Tinytss.jar?

i tried running both, but didnt work. how do i run it and be able to see the blobs from it..?

i also tried creating the shsh file with all 3 firmwares, only the one with 3.1 firmware has a size of 64kb. the other 2 only have 1kb. does it say anything?

sigh.. never mind...
    i got the blobs...it says 3.1 Blobs detected.......sigh...................

anyway...you helped me a lot...thanks so much Madman604x!
    Last edited by 11233; 2009-10-01 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

you're welcome. i guess it was an error on the Cydia side after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Madman604x View Post
    the big question is...WHEN did you submit your ECID to Cydia?

if 3.1 was released, you're too late, and stuck with 3.1

the "make my life easier" was probably up for 2 weeks but only active for 1 week before Apple dropped the bomb.
    i have a question, i bought 2 iphones at the at&t store last saturday. they both came with 3.0.1 installed. 3.1 was already released because when i plugged them into my computer it asked me if i wanted to update(of course i declined ), and i was still able to jailbreak both phones to 3.0.1 with no problems. why has it become a problem now even if you haven't updated to 3.1. i'm confused.

Jailbreaking 3.0 & 3.0.1 is not a problem. And jailbreaking is not the point of this part of the forum. Downgrading from 3.1 or restoring a 3.0 or 3.0.1 phone to 3.0 is the point of this section.

And that is the point of downgrading (if you are able) is to be able to jailbreak again.