Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: restore 3.0.1 on 3G[s]

Default restore 3.0.1 on 3G[s]
    hi I have 2 iphones 3G[s] one with 3.0 and one with 3.0.1 both are factory unlocked (bought in Greece) jailbroken and cydia says that they have 3.1 ecid shsh on file. will i be able to restore to 3.0.1/3.0 in case i encounter problems or some thing without updating to 3.1 if i use saurik's guide?

thanks alot

But it is the same thing as downgrading from 3.1 to 3.0 so how is that possible? And a restore from 3.0.1/3.0 to 3.0.1/3.0 without changing the baseband or firmware with the help of saurik's server is not?

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

The baseband was not changed on 3.0.1.....It was changed on 3.1
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy

i know that! i will clarify my question.

i am currently using iphone 3G[s] with os 3.0.1 factory unlocked jailbroken and shsh ecid on file is OK from cydia. of course i will not update to 3.1 from apple i am not stupid. i wanted to ask if it is possible to restore the iphone again to 3.0/3.0.1 for factory defaults in case of a problem or a malfunction ?

thanks

if they are factory unlocked you should be okay to update

If your iPhone has 3.0 ECID SHSH, you can downgrade your iPhone to firmware 3.0.

And if your iPhone has 3.1 ECID SHSH, you can only downgrade your to firmware 3.1 from a newer firmware version like 3.1.1 and above.

Cheers~~~

thx for share

You probably don't have the Apple signature for 3.0 or 3.0.1 cached on Saurik's server. iTunes (the only tool available that install IPSWs) needs this to install a 3.0 or 3.0.1.

In this case, you won't be able to reinstall, downgrade, etc to anything different than 3.1.

You can check if Apple digital signatures (a.k.a. ECID SHSH) for your devices were cached on Saurik's server (a.k.a. "on file") using programs as Umbrella. If they aren't, there is no way to generate them because an Apple private cryptokey is needed.

Luckily I managed to put 3.0 ECID SHSH on Saurik's server. Recently, I've downgraded my iPhone 3GS to firmware 3.0 with 05.11.07 baseband.

Cheers~~~

Quote Originally Posted by massimuzzo View Post
    if they are factory unlocked you should be okay to update
    yes that i also know but i don't want that because there is no way to jail break yet. i want to restore my iphone to factory defaults in 3.0/3.0.1 os from itunes. i am currently using 3.0.1 ver. i would like to restore it to 3.0/3.0.1

i am using 3G[s] and have 3.1 shsh ecid on file.(so cydia says)
    is this possible? i don't want to update yet.

I've tried to restore my other iPhone 3GS firmware 3.0.1 to 3.0.1/3.0, but iTunes prompted error 3002.

If you wish to try, make sure you put your iPhone into DFU mode. Else it'll stuck at recovery mode.

Cheers~~~

Quote Originally Posted by valersky View Post
    hi I have 2 iphones 3G[s] one with 3.0 and one with 3.0.1 both are factory unlocked (bought in Greece) jailbroken and cydia says that they have 3.1 ecid shsh on file. will i be able to restore to 3.0.1/3.0 in case i encounter problems or some thing without updating to 3.1 if i use saurik's guide?

thanks alot
    if u dun have the 3.0 or 3.0.1 ecid.... DUN MONKEY ARD WIF UR PHONE.

or u will end up like me....

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lucger For This Useful Post:

valersky (2009-09-30)

one more question: i have also 1 iphone 3G 8g jail broken and ultrasnowed with 3.0.1 os i really need to restore it,it is working very slow and no 3g INTERNET only Wi-FI is this possible with itunes? i know it does not need those SHSH files to be stored

?

Quote Originally Posted by valersky View Post
    one more question: i have also 1 iphone 3G 8g jail broken and ultrasnowed with 3.0.1 os i really need to restore it,it is working very slow and no 3g INTERNET only Wi-FI is this possible with itunes? i know it does not need those SHSH files to be stored

?
    You can use pwnage 3.1 to update the 3g to 3.1 w/o updating the baseband. Then you can still unlock with ultrasn0w.

ok thanks. but what if i want to restore it to 3.0/3.0.1 and not to 3.1 ? is this possible for the 3G?
    (i don't have a mac for once and don't want to risk it)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

i think the 3g can restore to anything you want. only the 3G[S] needs ECID info.

try restoring to 3.0. if no error, then you're ok

can't get ECID info
    all time have Something went wrong... from purplera1n
    in all browsers
    who know when it fix?

Hello,

by reading these restoring posts, I think that I canīt get my iPhone back to FW 3.0.1 after it is broken.
    Itīs a 3 GS, FW 3.0.1, without jailbreak, not unlocked and nothing stored with Cydia. It stopped booting with the Apple logo on the black screen. I can get it into DFU mode but of course with iTunes I am able to only restore it to FW 3.1.

Is there really no possibility to get it back to FW 3.0 or 3.0.1?

Thanks...

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

by reading these restoring posts, I think that I canīt get my iPhone back to FW 3.0.1 after it is broken.
    Itīs a 3 GS, FW 3.0.1, without jailbreak, not unlocked and nothing stored with Cydia. It stopped booting with the Apple logo on the black screen. I can get it into DFU mode but of course with iTunes I am able to only restore it to FW 3.1.

Is there really no possibility to get it back to FW 3.0 or 3.0.1?
    try irecovery to fix the apple logo problem, and ther's no going back to 3.0/3.0.1 ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Korich View Post
    can't get ECID info
    all time have Something went wrong... from purplera1n
    in all browsers
    who know when it fix?
    purplera1n's ECID service is no longer working and will never work again most likely.

use firmware umbrella now.
    Last edited by Madman604x; 2009-10-01 at 08:28 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast