Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs downgrade from 3.1 to 3.0 with cydia stored info

Angry 3gs downgrade from 3.1 to 3.0 with cydia stored info
    Try to make this short and sweet, had 3gs iphone with 3.0.1 jailbroken, info stored on cydia server at one point in time. messed up iphone somehow had no choice but to restore, wouldnt let me restore to 3.0.1 has to upgrade to 3.1, was able to downgrade back to 3.0.1 but then lost all networking carrier services because i could only get to a certain restore point had to then jailbreak before activating account. couldnt find a way to fix the issue so im back to 3.1 and not very happy. anybody has any tips i would be greatly appreciative

i think you upgraded your baseband this is why you lost the signal. i dont know if its possible to downgrade the baseband as of today.

Anyone know if fuzzyband app in cydia has worked for 3gs users

Thanks

nope...

Default hoping for confirmation on my current status im kinda a newbie
    So If Im informed correctly

1. fairly certain my ecid is stored on cydia (cydia stated so on top of home page at one point in time) although not after 2nd or third jailbreak only during first

2. my version is currently 3.1 after being forced to upgrade including most recent baseband and not downgradeable

3. no way possible to downgrade to 3.0 without losing my carrier/network abilitys because my baseband has been upgraded so im stuck at 3.1 until a jailbreak is released

4. im better off than most though because my info is stored on cydia so i may have the option to rejailbreak in the future

6. just patiently waiting for something to be released until then im S.O.L.

any knowledgable souls out there to confirm my poor status lol

Quote Originally Posted by dbc00per View Post
    So If Im informed correctly

3. no way possible to downgrade to 3.0 without losing my carrier/network abilitys because my baseband has been upgraded so im stuck at 3.1 until a jailbreak is released

any knowledgable souls out there to confirm my poor status lol
    Incorrect. As long as you are on the official carrier, this should work. The new baseband and 3.0 firmware don't like each other, that is true, but you can make them play together nicely. After you perform the second restore attempt to 3.0 and get the 1015 error for the second time, you should be on the usb cable/itunes logo screen on your iphone. Either run QuickPwn 2.2 up til the point where it recognizes your phone (or just do on your own what it tells you to do, hold home & sleep for 15 seconds, let go of home and hold sleep for 2 seconds then let go and wiat for the apple logo to disappear). The timing on this is crucial I think, so it may take a few tries. If you get it wrong, it goes back to the usb cable/itunes screen after the apple logo. Try again. Once you do the button pressing sequence/timing successfully, you should be at the "Slide for emergency" screen with a notification that the phone is awaiting activation after the apple logo. Once you get there, open itunes and let your phone activate. Then jailbreak. Then life is good again. Once you get the old firmware and new baseband playing nice with each other, you can reboot, respring, power off your phone all you want, and it will always find it's signal again.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to L00i3 For This Useful Post:

rampinshop (2009-10-05)

well thank you for the tip, ill give that a try and repost if it works, so others may find the info helpful as well

What's Jailbreak?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hmo1966 View Post
    What's Jailbreak?

Quote Originally Posted by L00i3 View Post
    Incorrect. As long as you are on the official carrier, this should work. The new baseband and 3.0 firmware don't like each other, that is true, but you can make them play together nicely. After you perform the second restore attempt to 3.0 and get the 1015 error for the second time, you should be on the usb cable/itunes logo screen on your iphone. Either run QuickPwn 2.2 up til the point where it recognizes your phone (or just do on your own what it tells you to do, hold home & sleep for 15 seconds, let go of home and hold sleep for 2 seconds then let go and wiat for the apple logo to disappear). The timing on this is crucial I think, so it may take a few tries. If you get it wrong, it goes back to the usb cable/itunes screen after the apple logo. Try again. Once you do the button pressing sequence/timing successfully, you should be at the "Slide for emergency" screen with a notification that the phone is awaiting activation after the apple logo. Once you get there, open itunes and let your phone activate. Then jailbreak. Then life is good again. Once you get the old firmware and new baseband playing nice with each other, you can reboot, respring, power off your phone all you want, and it will always find it's signal again.

thanks tried this and my 3gs 3.1 is now a 3gs 3.0 jailbroke and full o2 signal

Quote Originally Posted by stupidgamer View Post
    thanks tried this and my 3gs 3.1 is now a 3gs 3.0 jailbroke and full o2 signal
    So life is good again? Awesome!

Now just remember the process you followed so that if you have to restore again for any reason, it will be easy.

@hmo1966

jailbreak is the sequel to prison break, its airing soon so sit tigh

ive tried multiple times to downgrade with the above method i cant seem to get the iphone to the all black dfu mode only the usb itunes logo and even so itunes denys me to upgrade based on eligible build yada yada i got around this yesterday but cant seem to today...side note host file confirms Pinging gs.apple.com [127.0.0.1] with 32 bytes of data. so if im correct this is the work around for itunes contacting apple anyone have any suggestions, started this thread so all my current and past iphone info is on top

I think that maybe you can downgrade 5.11.07 bb now also. I think fuzzy is in cydia for that. I have pc issues (virus) so I have to het it right b4 I can try to downgrade!!!!!!!

Thanks

No fuzzy band does not work for 3GS you dupe! That's why ur windows box has a virus , that's only for iPhone 3G and it has to have bootloader 5.8

So can a 3gs on official 3.1 be downgraded to 3.0 with boot 5.9 and 5.11.07 modem fw?

More specifically with cell signal? I already restored to 3.0 and 3.0.1. I'm hashed on sauriks server. But I couldn't get cell service activated.

And l installed a program that was supposed to put iPhone in DFU quickly. It was a virus.
    Last edited by ejotam; 2009-10-02 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ejotam For This Useful Post:

dbc00per (2009-10-05)

Thanks

U can't downgrade ur baseband but if ur 3GS has the 3.0 files saved from cydia, u can definitely downgrade.

Default 3gs previously jailbroken from 3.0
    forced to upgrade to 3.1 because of stupid error trying to install inav, (no ability to bookmark pages to home because of unknown error) then i was able to downgrade back to 3.o but lost carrier ability so begrudgingly upgraded back to 3.1. now the 3.1 pwnage tool for mac/windows has come out. do i have the ability to downgrade again and jailbreak because after my second attempt to downgrade to 3.0 after finding some info on dfu mode yada yada i failed at all attempts because of the apple "uneligble" bull horse crap.... not sure why it worked b4 and not later... side note, i started this particular thread with all my info running vista premium and windows 7, any help would leave me unbelievably gratuitous in ways i could never repay

another side note which may not mean anything but my iphone still says "david" (myname) were the carrier logo is supposed to say at&t
    Last edited by dbc00per; 2009-10-03 at 10:45 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

help!
    oim on PC... downloaded a custom 3.1 jailbroken firmware yesterday, restored through iTunes... it worked.had cydia. life was good.
    installed winterboard, wouldnt even boot in safe mode.
    had to completely restore the phone from a mac using pwanage tool 3.1 cuz nothing else would work in windows. quickpwn, itunes, nothing.

anyway had a brick until i am at a factory 3.1

BUT i have my info stored on cydia's server.

BUT when i go to the hosts file and add sauriks server at the bottom, it doesnt work no matter what pc im on, it says ineleible or something cuz it seems to still be contacting apple for some reason.

what am I doing wrong?

i need to go back to 3.1 but i heard the baseband doesnt play nicely....

other than the instructions above or the last page, is there any step by step i need to do? or is that it?

i need to get into DFU mode and do the quickpwn thing? and do I restore to original 3.0 or my custom 3.1 jailbroken firmware. it worked yesterday upgrading from 3.0 but today it wont let me overwrite 3.1 with a jailbroken 3.1.... anyone know why?

Unfortunately my friend I think were stuck in the same boat. From what I can gather the main problem is baseband has been upgraded and this change cannot be fixed. Even with info stored on cydia were still pretty much stuck at 3.1 unbreakable until someone finds a exploit. I also keep getting unable to upgrade your not eligible for this build. Info stored on cydia

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast