Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ECID SHSH help

Default ECID SHSH help
    ok so i jb and unlocked my iphone 3gs with cydia
    and with 3.0.1

and one day i saw this thing on cydia "make my life easier" thing so i clicked on it and it told me it was done or whatever then like 3 days later i stupidly updated to 3.1 via itunes
    and i only have a tmobile sim card so my phone is dead to me

i tried restoring it to 3.0.1 and 3.0 after changing the host file and its no good.....
    any advice?

oh and when i try to restore to 3.0 i get the 1015 error and 3.0.1 i get the 3002 error.

is there some possibility that it wouldnt be able to recognize my phone as the one that did get backed up on cydia?
    Last edited by keokitron; 2009-09-27 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone iGuru's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keokitron View Post
    oh and when i try to restore to 3.0 i get the 1015 error and 3.0.1 i get the 3002 error.

is there some possibility that it wouldnt be able to recognize my phone as the one that did get backed up on cydia?
    Yes, your ECID SHSH did get backed up via Cydia - for 3.0, but not 3.0.1. Error 1015 is normal when trying to restore from 3.1 to 3.0.

Rather than explain it to you in this post, you can just read "Part 4 - Using iTunes to downgrade" of my post here which will guide you through what to do.

Hope this helps!
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iGuru For This Useful Post:

keokitron (2009-10-01)