Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3g(s) 3.1 firmware :|

Default Iphone 3g(s) 3.1 firmware :|
    Just got my new 3G(s) It had 3.0.1 Firmware on it, but by accident I did the 3.1 update how pissed I was when I was reading more into jailbreaking. From what I gather, not much can be done because the jailbreak for 3.1 isn't here yet. Here is my question, I'm getting mixed responses from everywhere.

I want to downgrade from 3.1 to 3.0.1 or 3.0. I don't care about unlocking the baseband because i know it cant with 05.11.07.

Can this be done? I dont have the ecid or shsh files either.

It's either it can be done or i get my service provider to send me a new one with hopes its not 3.1 and i deem this one as defective because i'm really impatient lol.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

you dont have your files stored so 3.1 is your ONLY option now. well, or by a new phone with 3.0/3.0.1

however, if you ever need a restore, you'll STILL get stuck with 3.1. as your only choice.

just get our ECID info stored for 3.1 and call it a day.
    Last edited by Madman604x; 2009-09-27 at 08:12 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by iFone3GS View Post

It's either it can be done or i get my service provider to send me a new one with hopes its not 3.1 and i deem this one as defective because i'm really impatient lol.
    No 3.0 ECID SHSH = Can't be done.

Hope you got a good fake problem with your phone. I'm no expert, but telling them it's defective cuz it can't be jailbroken probably won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Madman604x View Post
    you dont have your files stored so 3.1 is your ONLY option now. well, or by a new phone with 3.0/3.0.1

however, if you ever need a restore, you'll STILL get stuck with 3.1. as your only choice.

Boooo

Quote Originally Posted by L00i3 View Post
    No 3.0 ECID SHSH = Can't be done.

Hope you got a good fake problem with your phone. I'm no expert, but telling them it's defective cuz it can't be jailbroken probably won't work.
    lol, I called them and I told em the battery doesn't last longer then an hour and it freezes. They told me I should be expecting the replacement in 3-5 business days, I just hope its 3.0.1 firm. lol

hope u are lucky! cos my sis just got her iphone 3GS two days ago and itz running on 3.1 FW!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Madman604x View Post
    more info please

Hey guys I Also just got my 3GS and noticed that I have 5.11.07 firmware ver3.1.. How and what do i need to do to get our ECID info stored for 3.1...before anything comes down the line need to be prepared.. before Apple sends us another curve ball...

Or do I need to in the first place.. any help would be appreciated
    Thanks

Bianca

i did the same thing

i knew about the 3.1 problem while i was updating !!

and the new line iPhones are 3.1 factory installed so i had to act fast

so i threw my 32GB iphone into water and got it replaced for an old 3.0 factory installed 3GS for 100$.. this worked in japan but i donno how would it go with you ^^

but good luck man, if you dont need the unlock then just wait until they get the 3.1 jailbreak ready

NoI don't need to unlock.... I guess I will wait for the jailbreak <<<

Boooo

lol, I called them and I told em the battery doesn't last longer then an hour and it freezes. They told me I should be expecting the replacement in 3-5 business days, I just hope its 3.0.1 firm. lol
    Haha, nice one. I just got my 3GS too but since it's already on 3.1 there's little point in exchanging. Hope it works out for you

Quote Originally Posted by lucger View Post
    hope u are lucky! cos my sis just got her iphone 3GS two days ago and itz running on 3.1 FW!!!!
    Yeah, unfortunately the new stock it... mine included. Still a great phone, but it's a bit like running Windows without a few of your favourite apps to enchance the OTB functions: you just don't do it

Quote Originally Posted by mammad78 View Post
    more info please
    Have a look here. You can't use Saurik's server without Cydia, but you can store your 3.1 ECID SHSH for future use.

What your saying is that even though I'm waiting for jailbreak on my 3GS w/5.11.7 BB I still need to backup my 3.1 ECID SHSH for future use.As I just need to do a few steps right in the howto

Mac:

1) Open System Profiler.app (In Applications -> Utilities)
    2) Click USB and select the iPhone from the list, it will show the ECID there.
    To get out of recovery mode, simply hold down Home + Power until your phone reboots.

Part 2 - Getting your ECID SHSH
    Windows Users: Make sure you have Java Runtime Environment 5 or higher installed.
    Download Umbrella and extract to desktop.
    1) Double click Umbrella-GUI.jar
    2) Enter your ECID in the box provided
    3) Select Device Version from the list
    4) Select SHSH Repository from the list
    5) Click Submit

A file ending in ".shsh" should appear in the folder.
    Check your shsh file is approx 64-66 KB, if it is not, it is not a valid ECID SHSH file.

Am I right
    Tanks

Thanks

iPhone 4 | iMac 24" | MacBook Pro 15" | ATV | iPod Classic | Time Capsule | iPad 16 Gb |

i have the same problem i upgraded to 3.1, and now that there is no jailbreak or unlock for 3.1 windows yet im stuck . but my question is that if the jailbreak and unlock for windows is finally here then will i be able to use my phone?

Just got my new 3G(s) It had 3.0.1 Firmware on it, but by accident I did the 3.1 update how pissed I was when I was reading more into jailbreaking. From what I gather, not much can be done because the jailbreak for 3.1 isn't here yet. Here is my question, I'm getting mixed responses from everywhere.

I want to downgrade from 3.1 to 3.0.1 or 3.0. I don't care about unlocking the baseband because i know it cant with 05.11.07.

i have the same problem, i upgraded it with apple 3.1 and now there is no jailbreak or unlock for it on windows yet :'( . but here is my question will i be able to jailbreak AND UNLOCK it when the jailbreak and unlock for the windows arrives??
    Last edited by KingAamirLujee; 2009-10-05 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If someone found a way to do that, yes. If no one can, no.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha321 View Post
    If someone found a way to do that, yes. If no one can, no.
    lol, whut?

****. i really made a bid mistake by restoring it with apple!!!

hi!! there is a unlock coming soon!!! .. im so happy! i also accidently upgraded to 3.1 but now there is a unlock coming soon!! in about 10 days! go to ebay.com and search : iphone 3gs 3.1 unlock then you will see all pre - orders !! Hope i helped !! If i did then pls hit THANKS!!
    Last edited by KingAamirLujee; 2009-10-07 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

B.S.
    he is NOT PowerSeller but he claims he is, so i dont trust him already
    i guess we have to wait more than 10 days again
    god help Dev Team

you should, we have no other option :'( . i really would like to get my iphone unlocked so i bought it... i'll tell you if it really works or not . then you can buy it...