Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS: 3.1 -> 3.0.1 with ECID stored in Cydia

Default 3GS: 3.1 -> 3.0.1 with ECID stored in Cydia
    Hi.

Just bought my very first iPhone 4 days ago. I'm completely new to Apple, but do have a bachelor in embedded software development, so don't go light on me with the technical details

Background:
    The phone came out of the box with 3.0.1, I followed a flawed online tutorial which told me to go directly into redsn0w, and load the ipsw (it said nothing about restoring from iTunes first ). At first sight the JB seemed to complete succesfully, so I went to Cydia, and pressed the "Make my life easier"-button.
    I then later realised that my JB wasn't right, so I went to iTunes tried to restore with the JB-ipsw, which gave me an error. Not knowing the hell it was going to put me through, I paniced, and installed 3.1.

The Issue:
    So here I am with 3.1 installed on my 3GS and (hopefully) I have my ECID stored in Cydia. I really wanna go back to 3.0.1 (or 3.0), and have a succesfull JB - is there any way to do it?

I've followed the Saurik guide, trying to restore with a ipsw named "iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore", but keep getting the 3002 error.

Sorry for the long post, but wanted to get all the information right.

I'm not just looking for a complete solution, anything that could push me in the right direction is more than appreciated

Best regards
    Kasper

How was the tutorial flawed? There is no need to do a restore prior to jailbreaking a stock 3g[s] with redsn0w. Only time you have to restore before redsn0w is when your phone acts up and requires a restore to be functional again. My first jailbreak process went like this. Hook phone to computer. Open redsn0w. follow directions in redsn0w. jailbroken phone.

What was wrong with your jailbreak, btw?

Um, but if you are getting the 3002 error, that means that you don't have 3.0 info on file with Cydia. You have a 3.1 blob there if you pushed "make my life easier". But the window for 3.0 blobs was long since closed by the time you even got your phone.

Sorry for the bad news, but that's the reality of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by L00i3 View Post
    How was the tutorial flawed? There is no need to do a restore prior to jailbreaking a stock 3g[s] with redsn0w. Only time you have to restore before redsn0w is when your phone acts up and requires a restore to be functional again. My first jailbreak process went like this. Hook phone to computer. Open redsn0w. follow directions in redsn0w. jailbroken phone.

What was wrong with your jailbreak, btw?

Um, but if you are getting the 3002 error, that means that you don't have 3.0 info on file with Cydia. You have a 3.1 blob there if you pushed "make my life easier". But the window for 3.0 blobs was long since closed by the time you even got your phone.

Sorry for the bad news, but that's the reality of the situation.
    Okay, well guess it wasn't flawed then.

I realized something was wrong, as I tried to install a cracked version of the TomTom app. (before you all freak out, I am a software developer my self - just wanted to try before paying). When I opened the app., it said it was "a cracked app".

What are the future perspectives on JB 3.1? I don't need the BaseBand broken. Do I have any chances? I've been reading all day long, but there is a lot of mixed information - hoping to get some insight here

Thank you.

All anyone knows for sure is that the dev team is working on it. They are not going to announce anything until they have a stable tool.

Default same thing
    Quote Originally Posted by lhadrepsak View Post
    hi.

Just bought my very first iphone 4 days ago. I'm completely new to apple, but do have a bachelor in embedded software development, so don't go light on me with the technical details

background:
    The phone came out of the box with 3.0.1, i followed a flawed online tutorial which told me to go directly into redsn0w, and load the ipsw (it said nothing about restoring from itunes first ). At first sight the jb seemed to complete succesfully, so i went to cydia, and pressed the "make my life easier"-button.
    I then later realised that my jb wasn't right, so i went to itunes tried to restore with the jb-ipsw, which gave me an error. Not knowing the hell it was going to put me through, i paniced, and installed 3.1.

The issue:
    So here i am with 3.1 installed on my 3gs and (hopefully) i have my ecid stored in cydia. I really wanna go back to 3.0.1 (or 3.0), and have a succesfull jb - is there any way to do it?

I've followed the saurik guide, trying to restore with a ipsw named "iphone2,1_3.0_7a341_restore", but keep getting the 3002 error.

Sorry for the long post, but wanted to get all the information right.

I'm not just looking for a complete solution, anything that could push me in the right direction is more than appreciated

best regards
    kasper

we have common experience with our unit. Upgrading from 3.0.1 to 3.1.1 have erased my cydia too! And now i can not restore back to 3.0 and i can't install cydia with 3.1.. I guess we'll have to wait until redfox has a newer version to jail break this!