Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrading 3GS from 3.1 to 3.0 without Saurik and ECID SHSH... Possible?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Downgrading 3GS from 3.1 to 3.0 without Saurik and ECID SHSH... Possible?
    I've been reading all over the internet and getting mixed responses about being able to downgrade...

Now I know Saurik method etc but what I really want to know...

Is it possible to downgrade a 3G or 3GS without the ECID SHSH...

Example I just bought a 3GS from Apple with 3.1 on it can I downgrade and unlock... Based on what I've been reading I don't think it's possible but then i'm reading that if I put the phone in dfu mode and restore it with 3.0 I will get error 1015 and then I use irecovery and it will work?

Is this possible?

Thanks

Hey kerron
    Not an expert here, but over the last week Ive read enought to somewhat explain or clarify for you.
    1. In order to downgrade, you would have had an ECID SHSH with Saurik- he the creator of jailbroken app CYDIA- one of the most important app for the iphone. Just before apple updated to 3.1 firmware you were able to have your ECID stored with Saurik, in case you have need to restore- like now!

2. If you didn't you will not be able to restore to 3.0 but have to wait till a jailbreak for 3.1 comes out.

3.In the mean while brilliant members on here,namely IGURU came up with a procedure to extract and store on your own pc "ECID SHSH" for (as in your case 3.1) for future should you need it. READ HIS POST, ITS THE TOP OF THIS PAGE. He also explains how to send this extracted data to Saurik/cydia's server
    One feature, is for you to use your pc to update your iphone creating a mini server (without needing SauriK at all) Tinytss.
    BUT FOR NOW YOU HAVE TO WAIT TILL THERE IS A JAILBREAK FOR 3.1.
    read and re- read Iguru's and Saurik's posts.
    good luck.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to maarco74 For This Useful Post:

kerron (2009-09-27)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kerron View Post
    I've been reading all over the internet and getting mixed responses about being able to downgrade...

Now I know Saurik method etc but what I really want to know...

Is it possible to downgrade a 3G or 3GS without the ECID SHSH...

Example I just bought a 3GS from Apple with 3.1 on it can I downgrade and unlock... Based on what I've been reading I don't think it's possible but then i'm reading that if I put the phone in dfu mode and restore it with 3.0 I will get error 1015 and then I use irecovery and it will work?

Is this possible?

Thanks
    Plain and simple - no.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Umbrella and TinyTss are from Semaphore, not from iGuru