Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3gs 3.1 downgrade to 3.0 to unlock need help

Default iphone 3gs 3.1 downgrade to 3.0 to unlock need help
    As of almost 3-4 weeks ago I sent in my iphone 3gs to apple because of a battery issue and they returned it to me this week with the battery change and with the new os 3.1 installed. I did not back up my ECID SHSH with cydia because at the time I thought I would receive my phone back before this software came out. Is there anything I can do. I was wondering if I could use someone else's ECID SHSH to be able to do the downgrade and hopefully unlock my phone? If this is possible does anyone know of an ECID SHSH that everyone can use?

iPhone? More like MyPhone iGuru's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adrisgalaxy View Post
    As of almost 3-4 weeks ago I sent in my iphone 3gs to apple because of a battery issue and they returned it to me this week with the battery change and with the new os 3.1 installed. I did not back up my ECID SHSH with cydia because at the time I thought I would receive my phone back before this software came out. Is there anything I can do. I was wondering if I could use someone else's ECID SHSH to be able to do the downgrade and hopefully unlock my phone? If this is possible does anyone know of an ECID SHSH that everyone can use?
    No, you can not use someone else's ECID SHSH - they are unique to each phone.

When a 3.1 Jailbreak is released, you will be able to use it. However, your baseband will have been updated and therefore you may never be able to unlock your phone again.

You are completely out of luck there, sorry.
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

Default Will there ever be a way to unlock the 3.1?
    Thank you for the information. Do you think that there will ever be a way to unlock the phone considering the baseband?