Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: A frozen JB iPhone 3gs with 3.0 firmware never updated to 3.1, what is my options?

Default A frozen JB iPhone 3gs with 3.0 firmware never updated to 3.1, what is my options?
    Hi everyone
    I have a frozen JB iPhone 3gs with 3.0 firmware that never been updated to 3.1 and I tried to restore it to 3.0 but it never succeeded saying it is not legible.
    I have not save my ECID's for 3.0 on Cydia.

Is there any solution

Thanks a lot.

Sultaaan

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

upgrade to 3.1 to get the phone going...and just wait for the official unlock method.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

you are stuck. a jailbreak tool sould be out shortly so try to hold off on upgrading. in the meantime do a LOT of reading in this forum regarding the "firmware umbrella" method of getting your ECID blobs (a file called 00.shsh) which is necessary to ensure you can keep using the 3.1 firmware which can be jailbroken soon.

if you update to 3.1 now, you may lose the ability to unlock your phone forever. However you can probably still jailbreak it. update if you don't care about unlocking

3.0 is no longer allowed by Apple. there's no going back

I, myself, have been waiting almost 2 weeks for the new jailbreak tool and having no iPhone to use "Crackberry"? Pfff they ain't got sheet on the iPhone 3G[S]! this phone is worse than Crack.
    Last edited by Madman604x; 2009-09-26 at 09:27 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Madman604x For This Useful Post:

lucger (2009-09-28)

Quote Originally Posted by Madman604x View Post
    you are stuck. a jailbreak tool sould be out shortly so try to hold off on upgrading.
    we hope a jailbreak is coming out shortly but no one knows. sunday evening if theres not one out, i'm going 3.1 official. been over 2 weeks for me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGoo View Post
    we hope a jailbreak is coming out shortly but no one knows. sunday evening if theres not one out, i'm going 3.1 official. been over 2 weeks for me
    tell me about it. im on the verge of buying a 3G just to use in the meantime. its killing me. i keep telling myself

"just hold out for one more day...the unlock will be worth it...maybe tomorrow will be the day..."

it will really suck if the JB is released the day after we give in

Hold on folks. I'm in the very same situation.

Lets think for a moment. The Dev Team has broken ALL FW and basebands until now: iCommunity - Jailbreak information at a glance

All new 3G and 3GS are coming with 3.1 from factory, so there is no way to run.

So it is very likely that *they will* find a way to jailbreak+unlock 3GS, if they already don't have it.

So seems to me quite secure to unbrick our 3GS, use it as an iPod (no communications) until the JB+UL comes. These "you’ll lose the unlock forever" claims is to scare people to not reach the situation that we already are. Thats what I think, not a definitive truth.

What do you think?

BTW, why everything is so dependent on iTunes for upgrades? Redsn0w does almost the same thing as iTunes in terms of acessing iPhone's special boot regions. So why it doesn't simply do the full job of installing FWs ?

BTW, will WiFi work on a locked iPhone ?

But avibrazil, when the "you might never be able to unlock your phone again" warning was indeed coming from the Dev Team Blog, then banking on that they MIGHT eventually find a way to do it is probably not the wisest choice in the world.

Dev-Team Blog - Rock Out without Lockout

and this

Dev-Team Blog - Future-proofing the 3GS jailbreak

Thanks

yes, your wifi will still work if your phone is locked

the DEV Team has nothing to gain by telling you NOT to update your firmware. they are some of the people trying to keep control of your phone in your hands, not Apple's.

Apple has even claimed Jailbroken phones could be used in terrorist attacks against cell phone towers....

all in an effort to stop jailbreaking. ultimately the choice is yours.

1. don't update now, maybe good things will happen, maybe nothing (except wasted time waiting).

2. update and maybe bad things will happen (permanently locked phone), or maybe nothing.

i prefer option 1
    Last edited by Madman604x; 2009-09-26 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by avibrazil View Post
    Hold on folks. I'm in the very same situation.

Lets think for a moment. The Dev Team has broken ALL FW and basebands until now: iCommunity - Jailbreak information at a glance

All new 3G and 3GS are coming with 3.1 from factory, so there is no way to run.

So it is very likely that *they will* find a way to jailbreak+unlock 3GS, if they already don't have it.

So seems to me quite secure to unbrick our 3GS, use it as an iPod (no communications) until the JB+UL comes. These "you’ll lose the unlock forever" claims is to scare people to not reach the situation that we already are. Thats what I think, not a definitive truth.

What do you think?

BTW, why everything is so dependent on iTunes for upgrades? Redsn0w does almost the same thing as iTunes in terms of acessing iPhone's special boot regions. So why it doesn't simply do the full job of installing FWs ?

BTW, will WiFi work on a locked iPhone ?
    Redsn0w doesnt upgrade/update the software. It only jailbreaks the phone. it doesnt wipe any information so if you have no icons(phone,sms etc) like me You cant do anything but upgrade to 3.1.

Unless we can find a way to replicate apple's signing process we are dependent on apple's servers. Many of the questions on this board is about downgrading/restoring their device and without the signing process all we can do is update to 3.1

Hey all,

I have the same problem here, I was able to unlock 3gs firmware 3.0 unfortunately there was a problem when receiving messages the iphone seemed to delete them instantly so the only way of fixing it is to restore and jailbreak/unlock again.

Before i was able to do any of these, my iphone got stuck at the apple logo with the wheel in at the background

So i suppose the way to deal with things right now is to NOT update my iphone and just wait for a 3.1 JB right?

all the waiting is killing me too... theres still no news from dev team about the 3GS 3.1 jailbreak yet...

Im on the same boat.
    got to wait for dev-team, dont update yet.

would it unfreeze the iphone if i try to jailbreak it again on recovery mode?

Quote Originally Posted by rayms123 View Post
    would it unfreeze the iphone if i try to jailbreak it again on recovery mode?
    You should be able to get your 00.shsh file from the first topic in the subforum (umbrella) Put your phone in DFU mode and see if you can update.

so what do i do with the 00.shsh file?

Quote Originally Posted by Sultaaan View Post
    Hi everyone
    I have a frozen JB iPhone 3gs with 3.0 firmware that never been updated to 3.1 and I tried to restore it to 3.0 but it never succeeded saying it is not legible.
    I have not save my ECID's for 3.0 on Cydia.

Is there any solution

Thanks a lot.

Sultaaan
    try to re jailbreak it again? sometime it works... if not then u got to wait like the rest of us...

re-jailbraiking? is this possible if the phone is stuck on the apple logo?

so what do i do with the 00.shsh file?
    just hold on to it for now

came across this earlier tonight...not sure if it works, but it seems that it would be worth trying...if you try it please let me know how it works, as i've had my phone get stuck at the boot logo twice, but was lucky enough through a whole bunch of hard resets and pushing the home button a lot to get it to snap out...anyway here's the link, hopefully it works.

HowTo: Edit .plist Files on Windows And Fix iPhone Stuck At Boot Logo | FSMdotCOM

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Toadlicker For This Useful Post:

sebisuarez10 (2009-10-04)

re-jailbraiking? is this possible if the phone is stuck on the apple logo?
    that i do not know... never had that problem before... sorry cant help u on tis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast