Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS downgraded to 3.0, Audio not working! Bog dilemma!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default 3GS downgraded to 3.0, Audio not working! Bog dilemma!
    Hey team,

I think ok pretty much screwed as I'm almost sure this is a hardware issue and not a software one.

I have an ECID SHSH on file in Curia, so I upgraded to 3.1 than after a few attempts, downgraded back to 3.0 successfully. I got the 'can't restore the iPhone cause of some wrong build' or something, just used another PC. Also got stuck during the JB at 'installing activation bundles', same thing to fix t - used another PC.

Anyway after finally getting it to work WITH service (my phone is unlocked by apple) I noticed yesterday my sound stopped working. The keyboard clicks, lock sounds, MSG tone and media player are not working. Not unless I plug in my headphones. The phone rings web someone calls but that's about it. When I plug in the earphones, the volume bar appears in the media player but when I remove it, it disappears!! I don't want to give my phone to apple cause I know the bastards will replace it as I doubt it's software, but can someone pls tell me in wrong?

I restored back to 3.1 last night and still not working. I've done a soft reset, etc etc etc nothing!

Noes a good time to also mention for the best few weeks, long before the downgrade I've been getting this Erie MSG saying 'this device is nit designed to work with iPhone. Would u like to put the phone in airplane mode to reduce intrrruptions' or something like that. Problem is... I've got nothing plugged in!!

Pls don't tell me I'm gonna have to send it to apple and lose my ecid on file with Cydia!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone iGuru's Avatar
    Thanks

UiK, from what you've said, it really doesn't sound good for you.
    I would recommend getting it replaced under Warranty ASAP.

Either that, or visit your local Apple store (assuming you have one) and explain the problems you've been having, never know they may be able to do something about it.
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

Did you set it up as a new phone? To me it sounds like you've got a mucked up plist file or something. If you are restoring from a backup, there is a slight possibility it backed up a corrupt file. If you haven't set it up as a new phone, I would try that before taking it in for service/replacement.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yeah I did set it up as a new phone. I have an appt today at the Apple store today and they said if their technicians can't fix it on the spot, they will replace it straight away. Hope it's got 3.0 on it :/

Just came back from the Apple store. They gave me a new handset with 3.0.1!! I was really worried it would have 3.1 on it but thank God it didn't!!!
    Last edited by UiK; 2009-09-26 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost