Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrade to 3.0.1 from 3.0 (3GS, downgraded from 3.1)

Default Upgrade to 3.0.1 from 3.0 (3GS, downgraded from 3.1)
    I was wondering if I could resume normal things such as restoring on 3.0 (if anything were to go wrong), and upgrading to 3.0.1 after downgrading my 3GS from 3.1 using the ECID SHSH I had stored on saurik's server. I've already downgraded successfully, but I just want to know if I can restore and such without having to go through all this hassle again.

Thanks!

Seems like it went fine - Restoring from backup through iTunes

I got error 1015 halfway thru, but a quick reset got rid of that.
    Last edited by Roflcopterrr; 2009-09-25 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You can't upgrade from 3.0 to 3.0.1 unless you're one of the very few for whom Saurik cached the 3.0.1 ECID SHSH. He has my 3.0 ECID SHSH on file (and presumably my 3.1), but not my 3.0.1, so I can move back and forth between 3.0 and 3.1, but I cannot upgrade or downgrade to 3.0.1.

When I installed winterboard and rebooted, all hell broke loose. I was stuck at an infinite apple logo reboot, and It was damn near impossible to get into DFU / recovery mode. Any tips?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

"irecovery" seems to be your only recourse. uninstal the last thing you installed if you get back to your home screen.

1. DFU restore in itunes, get the 1015 error.
    2. Recovery Mode restore in itunes, get the 1015 error again.
    3. Run QuickPwn (just the part where it tells you to hold home & sleep for 15 seconds, then sleep for 2 seconds). 4. close QuickPwn.
    5. open iTunes and wait for successful activation.
    6. run redsn0w.

Worked for me. There is a guide with links in here somewhere. Called something like 1015 error...stuck confused? or something. Author is bondkt. I will be back with the link.

Here's the link http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...ssed-read.html
    Last edited by L00i3; 2009-09-26 at 06:50 AM.