Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak stuck on "Installing Activation Bundles"

Default Jailbreak stuck on "Installing Activation Bundles"
    I have tried everything I can think of. I follow the guide and get through the restore and jailbreak but keep getting stuck on activation bundles. I am lost and have searched everywhere. I have a 3GS on windows XP. I have edited the host file properly and done the restore IAW the guide. Anyone have any ideas? It really sucks ballz to have to go back to 3.1 and no jailbreak. This is really pissing me off. I miss backgrounder damnit!

iPhone? More like MyPhone iGuru's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by baileya1c View Post
    I have tried everything I can think of. I follow the guide and get through the restore and jailbreak but keep getting stuck on activation bundles. I am lost and have searched everywhere. I have a 3GS on windows XP. I have edited the host file properly and done the restore IAW the guide. Anyone have any ideas? It really sucks ballz to have to go back to 3.1 and no jailbreak. This is really pissing me off. I miss backgrounder damnit!
    After downgrading, instead of using RedSn0w try Purplera1n instead.

Hope this helps!
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

Tried that too, same result. I'm on Softbank in Japan, would that have anything to do with it?

Anyone?
    Last edited by baileya1c; 2009-09-26 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

is softbank a Japanes net provider?

try the umbrella snd tinytss method. it doesnt require you to be online i think

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I had the same problem. I downgraded to 3.0 and it when I was jailbreaking, it kept getting stuck at 'Installing Activation Bundles'. I tried it on my other PC and it worked fine. So yeah, try another comp

So I think I know the problem. I am using the ISPW I got off here, I probably am supposed to use softbanks. Unfortunately when you upgrade, iTunes deletes the older firmware file, dirty assholes. I'm assuming that is why I'm stuck at activation bundles, it must be carrier specific. I really wish I would of backed up softbanks 3.0 firmware. If only the dev team would release a jailbreak for 3GS!
    Last edited by baileya1c; 2009-09-29 at 02:53 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

i think all the IPSW's are the same. only the carrier seetings are different. anyone else think different?