Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore 3.0.1 on 3GS error 3002

Default Restore 3.0.1 on 3GS error 3002
    I have a jailbroken 3gs on 3.0.1 Modem 04.26.08.

I must have some corruption as I can not run Cydia or some apps I have ported across. My visual voicemail has stopped working.

When I try to restore I get the 3002 error. I have changed the address to Saurik ' server but I still get the error.

How can I restore 3.0 or 3.0.1 ?

I have windows and Mac available.

Help please.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iGuru's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by glj100 View Post
    How can I restore 3.0 or 3.0.1 ?
    You didn't say if you had Saurik save your 3.0/3.0.1 SHSH files, i'm assuming not though from the post.

iTunes restore error 3002 means that that version is not on file on Saurik's server. Did you try 3.0? Or just 3.0.1?

If you do have you 3.0 ECID SHSH on Saurik's server, simply follow the instructions on his website to use them.

If you didn't, you're out of luck, there's no way for you to re-install 3.0/3.0.1 again - my advice would be wait for the 3.1 Jailbreak to be released, then update to fix your phone. Alternatively, the other option is to update now, this could result in you potentially loosing your unlock forever (assuming you care about the unlock).
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

I got the same error and i did have my phone on file. ive tried numerous times without success. smae 3002 error every time

Quote Originally Posted by LucasPukus View Post
    I got the same error and i did have my phone on file. ive tried numerous times without success. smae 3002 error every time
    Did you do it in DFU mode?

You must have had 3.1 on file. 3002 means there is nothing there for you for the version of firmware you are trying to restore, and DFU (or recovery) mode won't change that.

Quote Originally Posted by L00i3 View Post
    You must have had 3.1 on file. 3002 means there is nothing there for you for the version of firmware you are trying to restore, and DFU (or recovery) mode won't change that.
    nope. i had the 3.0 on file and i did have it in DFU mode

nope. i had the 3.0 on file and i did have it in DFU mode
    I don't mean to come across as an ***, but if you get the 3002 error with 3.0 or 3.0.1, then you obviously don't have 3.0/3.0.1 info on file with Cydia. The 3002 error means there is no info for for your phone's ECID stored thru Cydia for the particular firmware version you are trying to install.

I say we all bumrush

1 Infinite Loop
    Cupertino, CA 95014

with pitchforks & torches and demand Apple stop being ******bags and let us do what we want with our phones & ipods.