Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: what if i ask at genius bar to switch to the new phone?

Default what if i ask at genius bar to switch to the new phone?
    well...recently, yesterday and today. i experienced battery shortage on my new 3GS 32GB. it wouldn't even last a day long (im not doing any excessive activity!!)
    i called tech center, and this agent did not know what she was talking about.
    i told them the recent software update is sucking juice out of my phone, but she kept saying if i restore the phone, it will get rid of any system error....-_-;;

i was wondering if i walk into genius bar, then if they would switch my phone to ones they have (perhaps ones with 3.0.1 OS or 3.0 OS)

1. would they change the phone for me for a reason that my battery dies too quickly?

2. would they have phones with previous version OS?

Nobody will know what version OS is going to be loaded on the phones at the Apple store.

And that doesnt sound like anything unnormal from a 3GS, mine hasnt lasted a full day since I bought it, and I dont use it anything crazy for that either.

There have been reports of 3.1 sucking battery life, but they arent going to give you a new phone because of a software issue, they will tell you to wait till an update/fix is released.