Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Yet another 3Gs stuck on apple boot

Default Yet another 3Gs stuck on apple boot
    I got a 3gs yesterday (1st iphone ever) so im going to try an be as clear as a noob can

It was on firmware 3.0.1 and i did a redsnow 0.8 jailbreak.

Working fine and added a few apps. Saw the cidia shsh thing and clicked it (got a message back saying to check back tomorrow as the list was big)

installed winterboard and reoot phone.

Now stuck on apple boot and could not get into recovery mode.

Managed to get into recovery mode by plugging the cable in and holding home.

When trying to restore (shift+click) to either firmware 3.0 or 3.0.l it will not work.

I am pretty gutter as i have had a taste of freedom and now have a greats shiney new phone, that i hate!!!!! lol

I have read alot of the forum and i have ammended my host file to point to sauriks cydia thing but am not sure what to do next, what are my options?

Thanks for your help in advance

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

when my phone was stuk on the apple loop i had to hold power and home.
    the apple logo would fade out, turn back on then fade a second time then it was powered off.

i could then hold the home button then plug in the USB cable. that would get me into recovery mode.

from there try irecovery and see if you can unbrick your phone that way.

Whatever you do, DON'T connect to iTunes or you will be stuck with 3.1

I have tried to restore using the mothod you mentioned and it still did not work. It gets to the section where it tries to contact apple servers and says the file is not correct for my phone.

And I sooooo do not want to update to 3.1 but i need a phone for my job so im kinda running out of options.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iGuru's Avatar
    Thanks

Try running redsn0w again to re-jailbreak it, it may well fix it.
    Also means you won't have to restore the phone with any luck!

Hope this helps.
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

thanks... will try now

Thanks

EDIT: disregard, i need to read slowly.
    Last edited by Madman604x; 2009-09-23 at 12:03 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

If your phone is jailbroken then you should be able to put into recovery mode and restore to a custom 3.0 or 3.0.1 ipsw. Apple should not give you the incorrect firmware error.

Thanks

EDIT: i cant read.
    Last edited by Madman604x; 2009-09-23 at 12:03 AM.

did jaibreak, stops at a section "mounting rootfs as read-write" "ERROR"

so no joy there.

How stressful is this whole jailbreak stuff, huh? :S

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    If your phone is jailbroken then you should be able to put into recovery mode and restore to a custom 3.0 or 3.0.1 ipsw. Apple should not give you the incorrect firmware error.
    Only if he has his 3.0 shsh's recorded with Saurik. If he only did it in the past few days he will only have the 3.1 versions stored and can only recover to that.. As there's no custom firmware for 3.1 he's kinda stuck... as am I.

TopKat, do you need the phone unlocked or are you on a legit carrier (did you buy the phone on contract)?. If you don't need an unlock I would suggest upgrading to 3.1 so you can use the phone and jailbreak again once a 3.1 jailbreak is released.

hi

i am in the same situation as this guy and i need unlock as i travel internationaly a fair bit.

is it possible to restore a jailbroken phone with custom firmware if your details are not recorded with sarik?

if so what windows program do i use to create the firmware?

any help would be much apreciated, ive had a dead phone for two weeks now

Either goto 3.1 and lose unlock (possibly forever) or sit tight for dev team 3.1 JB. In the meantime, cache your SHSH blobs using semaphore's tool, so that you don't run into a pickle like this again.

Not to be a wise ***, but let this serve as a lesson to those who are sitting on a JB 3.0.1 without cached SHSH. Don't monkey with the phone at this point, especially if you do not have a backup phone to stick your SIM into while you wait for 3.1 JB. Don't install Cydia apps, App Store apps, or generally even connect the damn thing to a computer. Just leave it be until you have some recourse should some install go sour.

Can you give us any clarification as to how this would be done? It is my understanding that the phone will not restore, jailbroken or not without signatures from Apple (or Saurik's caching server acting as Apple).

If this were true, what would be the point of all these caching efforts being made?

If I'm mistaken, please let me know as it would give me alot of peace of mind.
    Last edited by reverser; 2009-09-23 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have the same problem (my phone stuck on apple logo after jailbreak 3.0), my shsh files are not stored in saurik' server, so when ever I try to restore to 3.0 or 3.0.1 it gives me the not eligible error...

I need to understand one thing, what about umbrella tool, I read that I can create my shsh file for any version 3.0 or 3.0.1, I tried to use it to generate the files but it didn't work I run the program (umbrella -v 3.0.1 -e ecid) and it exit without writing any "00.shsh" file..

what I am thinking of is if I can make umbrella generate my shsh files, then use tinytss to fool iTune to restore to 3.0 or 3.0.1

am I thinking right? whats needs to be done to make umbrella works? please help.. I am stuck with this issue since last week...

Quote Originally Posted by bakry View Post
    I have the same problem (my phone stuck on apple logo after jailbreak 3.0), my shsh files are not stored in saurik' server, so when ever I try to restore to 3.0 or 3.0.1 it gives me the not eligible error...

I need to understand one thing, what about umbrella tool, I read that I can create my shsh file for any version 3.0 or 3.0.1, I tried to use it to generate the files but it didn't work I run the program (umbrella -v 3.0.1 -e ecid) and it exit without writing any "00.shsh" file..

what I am thinking of is if I can make umbrella generate my shsh files, then use tinytss to fool iTune to restore to 3.0 or 3.0.1

am I thinking right? whats needs to be done to make umbrella works? please help.. I am stuck with this issue since last week...
    Too late to generate 3.0 / 3.0.1 using umbrella, Saurik, or any method. Once Apple stops signing the jig is up. That time has passed, they now ONLY sign 3.1.

I'm in this exact same boat. Tried to install a custom spring board after having my new phone for about 3 hours (30 min's of it unlocked) and now have it sitting in my nightstand drawer. God I hope they come up with something soon.
    Last edited by GSXRJohn; 2009-09-23 at 03:24 AM.

does that mean our only hope is to wait for 3.1 jailbreak and unlock so we can restor to 3.1 and jailbreak/unlock

if this is the case, this would be a nightmare, specially there is no news from dev-team about 3gs jailbreak for 3.1...

I am in the same situation. I went to use Cydia and it suggested that I upgrade to the newest version. I clicked ok, and it ended up bricking my phone. All I get is the apple symbol at power-up. If I hold down the home key (for about 30 seconds) while plugging in the USB cable, then I can proceed with the restore process in iTunes. I have only tried restoring to the 3.0 firmware, but I always get stopped when it contacts the Apple server. I have tried to simply re-run redsn0w and point it to the same iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw that I originally used in the jailbreak, but I am stuck at this point.

Here is my question...I painstakingly captured these files before jailbreaking in order to ensure (so I thought) that I would not end up in this situation:
    iBSS.n88ap.RELEASE.dfu
    iBEC.n88ap.RELEASE.dfu
    Is there any way that I can utilize these files to "re-jailbreak" back to the 3.0 firmware? Are these files useful to me at all? If so, how?

wont work. the only way to restore to 3.0 is if you let saurik capture your 3.0 firmware blobs which could have only happened for a few days the week before last. if you think he did capture your blobs (in cydia), follow the instructions in his article that has a link in the sticky'd post in this forum.

your ibss and ibec files wont do any good. those (combined with your ECID which i hope you have) will only do good in the future when someone writes a tool to utilize them.

your stuck unless you want to upgrade to 3.1 or wait for a 3.1 jailbreak

Quote Originally Posted by draish View Post
    I am in the same situation. I went to use Cydia and it suggested that I upgrade to the newest version. I clicked ok, and it ended up bricking my phone. All I get is the apple symbol at power-up. If I hold down the home key (for about 30 seconds) while plugging in the USB cable, then I can proceed with the restore process in iTunes. I have only tried restoring to the 3.0 firmware, but I always get stopped when it contacts the Apple server. I have tried to simply re-run redsn0w and point it to the same iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw that I originally used in the jailbreak, but I am stuck at this point.

Here is my question...I painstakingly captured these files before jailbreaking in order to ensure (so I thought) that I would not end up in this situation:
    iBSS.n88ap.RELEASE.dfu
    iBEC.n88ap.RELEASE.dfu
    Is there any way that I can utilize these files to "re-jailbreak" back to the 3.0 firmware? Are these files useful to me at all? If so, how?

well this is a steep learning curve for me. I assume the 3.1 hack will take quite some time. hmmmm soooo tempted to upgrade 3.1 and forget the 1 day i spent free from the clutches of apple. *tear*
    Last edited by TopKat; 2009-09-23 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast