Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Yet another 3Gs stuck on apple boot

yea, i had it on file b4 it crashed. i need my phone!!! hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by kmalby View Post
    what is 3.1 ecis shsh?? i really want a JB iphone. whats a iphone without JB =/

what to do? pls help

an shsh blob is what apple uses to authenticate your phone as being able to be restored to a certain firmware

for instance if you have a copy of your 3.1 shsh blob, or cydia does, you can restore to 3.1

this is only on 3gs phones. apple started ONLY approving itunes to load a firmware to a 3gs iphone that is current. for instance, when firmware 3.1 came out, apple stopped letting you load any previous firmware. this is bad for jailbreakers because theres always a delay from when apple releases a firmware to when dev team or someone else releases the jailbreak.

having a copy of your shsh blob will let you redirect itunes to point to your shsh blob (on local machine via the "umbrella" program made by a user of this forum, or via cydia's cache of your shsh blob if you know for a fact its there). that way itunes goes to look for approval from apple, gets redirected to cydia or your local machine (via your hosts file) and says you're good to load that version of firmware.

so right now, having an SHSH blob does nothing unless you were one of the very few that got the 3.0 on with cydia before about 2 weeks ago for a span of 2 days. you can get your 3.1 blob stored for future use to ALWAYS be able to downgrade to 3.1, but 3.1 is not jailbroken yet so it doesnt matter.

if you want a 3gs jb'd right now, you're out of luck

Quote Originally Posted by kmalby View Post
    yea, i had it on file b4 it crashed. i need my phone!!! hmm...
    personally im waiting until probably sunday and if nothings out, just upgrading to legit 3.1 .. i've got my shsh blob for 3.1 via the umbrella program. and i dont need unlock. so may say **** it until 3.1 gets jb
    Last edited by MegaGoo; 2009-09-24 at 04:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

There is no sign for the promised 3GS 3.1 JB tool to come out in short future (says 2 weeks), and my phone is a factory unlock one, so I just upgrade already to 3.1. Now the 32G phone is filled with a whole bunch of mildly useful free apps and music of course.

I do the upgrade and use the phone for the time being caused I think it is not fair to push the Dev team to come out something that they are not ready to. But I do hope that they can make a beta version forget about the fancy GUI interface, nice graphics etc if possble. I prefer JB my phone earlier. Complicated JB beta procedure is fine to me, I like the satisfaction when you did it in fact.

Has anyone tried iRecovery to get it out of this mode? I tried, but am on a Windows system and can't seem to get iRecovery to run so IDK.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

to run irecovery you need to put your phone into recovery mode. then run the program in a dos window.

start->run-> type cmd int the window then hit enter.

in the black pop up window, type in the following(including the spaces and hit enter after each line):

irecovery -s
    setenv auto-boot true
    saveenv
    /exit

reboot your phone.
    Last edited by Madman604x; 2009-09-24 at 06:25 PM.

Even if your phone is still running 3.0 firmware? My 3GS was running 3.0 firmware and it was jailbroken and unlocked. I tried to restore it and when Apple gave me an error, I stopped right away, but now its stuck on the Apple logo. Any suggestions?

I discovered something I don't know if it can help or not, I have DiskAid application installed in my PC, today I run it and found out that it can connects to my iphone while itis stuck in the apple logo, I can browse/manage/update/add any file starting from the root directory...

can this help to overcome this stuck issue, I mean is there any file I can edit to fix this thing, if there is someone who is expert in OS files please help as this might solve the problem....

this is a challenge for iphone gurus as this problem is disturbing many users as it can be seen from this forum and other sites as well....

I have DiskAid V1, but was unable to get it to recognize my iPhone 3GS which is stuck on the Apple screen. I also put into the recovery mode so that it is recognized by iTunes as a phone in recovery mode, but DiskAid still does not recognize it. Did you do anything special to get DiskAid to recognize it?

Thanks

try the program "Irecovery"

also update to the newest ver of Diskaid.

i am in the same boat as u guys too. but the problem is i dun have the 3.1 ECID on SHSH on file. wifout it can i still jail break my iphone 3GS 3.1? i am from singapore so i need not unlock my iphone... i am stuck wif 3.1 now HELP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by draish View Post
    I have DiskAid V1, but was unable to get it to recognize my iPhone 3GS which is stuck on the Apple screen. I also put into the recovery mode so that it is recognized by iTunes as a phone in recovery mode, but DiskAid still does not recognize it. Did you do anything special to get DiskAid to recognize it?
    nothing special, but I was using Disk-Aid with this phone before it craches, maybe that's why itis still working...

Hey! Gladly, I got the same problem so you're not the one who are wanting to kill yourself. but sadly, as far as I know, we can't do nothing unless we have back up ECID on Cydia server. Well, bad luck then!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lucger View Post
    i am in the same boat as u guys too. but the problem is i dun have the 3.1 ECID on SHSH on file. wifout it can i still jail break my iphone 3GS 3.1? i am from singapore so i need not unlock my iphone... i am stuck wif 3.1 now HELP!!!
    you can still jailbreak with 3.1, whenever the Jailbreak is released. however without the ECID on file, you can never return to 3.1 if Apple releases a new firmware the cannot be jailbroken or unlocked and stops allowing the old firmware.

use "firmware umbrella" to get your 00.shsh files NOW!

i tried using firmware umbrella but itz not working.... or maybe i dunno how to work it?
    i tried to run the firmware but it wont run at all...

Thanks

read through the extensive thread about umbrella. pretty well every question has been answered there

Quote Originally Posted by Madman604x View Post
    read through the extensive thread about umbrella. pretty well every question has been answered there
    thanks for the help!

I got my phone going again today after waiting two weeks for the jailbreak for the 3.1 OS on the 3GS. I do not have a Mac though, so I had to go another route. I downloaded the already jailbroken from here:
    .:: TechXero's iPhone & OS Blog ::.: Download Custom Firmware For 3GS 3.1
    I used the version marked:
    iPhone 3gs 3.1 - 1024MB root partition, Unactivated, No logo, Cydia only ( 3gS World)

Part1 - Part2
    and I followed the instructions, starting with step 9 from here:
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Upgrade Your Jailbroken iPhone 3GS to OS 3.1

This worked perfectly for me. Before my iPhone froze up I was running OS 3.01 which I jailbroke with the Dev Team tools.

My hat is off to the Dev Team for all of their hard work. I would donate money to them if they would take it.

I think the tool cannot work for 3GS which had already updated 3.1. Was your phone at 3.0 before restoring the custom FW ?

I bought my 3GS when it first came out and I jailbroke it as soon as the Dev-Team released it. I believe I was at 3.01 when my iphone froze up two weeks ago. Apple was not allowing iphones to be restored with anything but 3.1 at the time (grrrrr), so I just waited until the jailbrake for 3.1 to come out. It worked for me flawlessly.

My next move is to set up my own signature server to make sure I never get in this position again.

I downloaded the 2 parts, but they saved as RAR files and HJSplit doesn't recognize them to join them. I tried to rename them ending in .001 & .002 but it only listed 001 to join. Any help???
    Last edited by GSXRJohn; 2009-10-04 at 07:02 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast