Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G[S] Downgrading FAQ

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default 3G[S] Downgrading FAQ
    I think we need a FAQ for the 3G[S] as there are too many different post about the same thing, asking the same questions, and some confusions.

Q: How do I find my ECID number?

A: Only the 3G[S]and the new Touch have ECID Number. This number is shown when the 3G[S] is in restore mode.

Q: Can I downgrade/restore 3G[S] to 3.0 or 3.0.1?

A: Yes, Only if got the 3.0 or 3.0.1 ECID SHSH Blob on Saurik's Server. This was only offered a few days before 3G[S] firmware 3.1 was released and after 3.1 was release, Apple stop signing the 3.0 and 3.0.1 files so it is no longer possible to create the 3.0/3.0.1 ECID SHSH Blob for that firmware. What Saurik is offering now is 3.1 ECID SHSH Blob and can only be used for 3.1 firmware restore or downgrade in the future. You CAN NOT use this to downgrade to 3.0/3.0.1!

Q: I just got Umbrella to grab my ECID SHSH Blob, what do I do with it?

A: Keep this file safe and back it up everywhere possible, as you need it to restore to whatever firmware version the ECID SHSH Blow is registered to. If don't have the ECID SHSH Blob stored in Saurik's server then you can only grab the 3.1 ECID SHSH Blob. It is not possible to grab 3.0/3.0.1 ECID SHSH from the Apple server anymore.

Q: I got the purplera1n ECID file or iBEC and iBSS when I was at 3.0/3.0.1, what do I do with these file? Can I use these fileto generate a 3.0/3.0.1 ECID SHSH Blob?

A: Keep these file safe, but there is no use for these files at the moment. We need to wait for someone to make use of these files in the future, until then these files are not practical. The purplera1n ECID file can not be used to Generate a ECID SHSH Blob as the purplera1n ECID file is smaller than 1kb in size and the ECID SHSH Blob currently is about 65kb in size. The iBEC and iBSS also have no use at the moment, maybe in the future.

Q: I don't have 3.0 ECID SHSH on Saurik's Server but I have used Umbrella to grab 3.0 ECID SHSH Blob from Saurik's Server but now I can't restore to 3.0/3.0.1 and is stuck at varifyng. What did I do wrong?

A: If you don't have the 3.0 ECID SHSH Blob stored in Saurik's Server from a while back, you won't be getting the 3.0 ECID SHSH Blob from Saurik's Server. Saurik's server is just a host that stored your 3.0/3.0.1 ECID SHSH Blob when it was available from the Apple server. Now the Apple server does not supply these 3.0/3.0.1 ECID SHSH Blob, only 3.1 ECID SHSH Blob. If you tried to grab a 3.0/3.0.1 ECID SHSH Blob from Saurik's Server when your ECID SHSH Blob was not on the server, you probably grabbed someone else's ECID SHSH Blob or you just grabbed a useless Blob that have no information in it. In both case it is useless for you.
    Last edited by Crazyfreak; 2009-09-23 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Updated

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crazyfreak For This Useful Post:

escobar2 (2009-09-23), L00i3 (2009-09-23)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Good thread , keep it coming.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Updated. Seems as this FAQ is useless as these questions always pop up everyday in new threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfreak View Post
    Updated. Seems as this FAQ is useless as these questions always pop up everyday in new threads.
    Its not useless, but get used to people who cant search and would rather start another/duplicate thread about the same issue

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Its not useless, but get used to people who cant search and would rather start another/duplicate thread about the same issue :
    Agreed...Totally not worthless. And with the title, people don't even have to search. The couple base questions most people ask are covered right here. Just make it a sticky.

Some advice please.

I have a 3GS and have had it since release i was happily running firmware 3.0 jailbroken using purplera1n until last night. I noticed that my battery had suddenly taken a leap from 55% to 85% but i thought nothing of this. i plugged in the phone and went to sleep. ZZzzzz.

When waking up this morning the iphone was showing the empty battery signal but showing as having the charger plugged in. the phone would just not take a charge however or turn on no matter what i did, i thought that i had stored my files in Cydia to restore with a 3.0 firmware however this was not the case and in order to get my phone working i had to put it in recovery mode and restore to the official 3.1 firmware through itunes. i use my phone on orange in the uk so need to unlock. now i know there is currently no jailbreak solution and potentially no future unlock solution at all but i would just like to ask advice on if i should take any further action to reduce the liklihood of the unlock being unavailable in the future. I Have the ibec, ibss and ecid from when i initially jailbroke but are there anyfiles i should back up etc under my current circumstances?

any advice is appreciated