Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help! How to backup 3GS ECID to Saruik's server without Cydia

Unhappy Help! How to backup 3GS ECID to Saruik's server without Cydia
    Hi all,

My iPhone 3GS OS 3.0.1 is braked, but I didn't upgrade to OS 3.1.

Before I did not backup ECID by Cydia.
    So now, I cannot use Cydia to back ECID to Saruik's server.

Anyone has idea to help me backup ECID to Saruik's server?
    So I can flash OS 3.0.1 again?

Regards

If you dont already have the files stored on his server.......you cant.

So how could I store ECID to his server without Cydia?

I dont see how you can without upgrading to 3.1 first.

You guys need to read the threads.

The umbrella app will allow you to do exactly what you are asking:

Store your 3.1 ecid shsh files on cydia without upgrading to 3.1.

All you have to do is point your hosts file to cydia and run the umbrella app.

The side-benefit is that saurik will have your ecid shsh files for 3.1 AND you will as well stored in a file called 00.shsh.

The Firmware Umbrella

read the readme before asking...

Quote Originally Posted by xsemaphorex View Post
    You guys need to read the threads.

The umbrella app will allow you to do exactly what you are asking:

Store your 3.1 ecid shsh files on cydia without upgrading to 3.1.

All you have to do is point your hosts file to cydia and run the umbrella app.

The side-benefit is that saurik will have your ecid shsh files for 3.1 AND you will as well stored in a file called 00.shsh.

The Firmware Umbrella

read the readme before asking...
    Correct me if I'm wrong but this still won't fully help him. He wants to return his iPhone to 3.0.1. Running the umbrella may store the 3.1 files on Cydia but he would still be required to upgrade to 3.1 which you can't do until the JB FW is out?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to reholmes For This Useful Post:

joyboy_chan (2009-09-23)

Quote Originally Posted by reholmes View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but this still won't fully help him. He wants to return his iPhone to 3.0.1. Running the umbrella may store the 3.1 files on Cydia but he would still be required to upgrade to 3.1 which you can't do until the JB FW is out?
    Correct. What I am asking is how to let saurik's server has my ecid shsh files for 3.0/3.0.1 without go throught Cydia.

Since my iphone now cannot go to homescreen, and Cydia app cannot be used anymore.

So I need a workaround to store 3.0/3.0.1 shsh files to saurik's server. And then, I can point to saurik's server, and flash my phone again.

I don't want to flash 3.1 right now until 3.1 is JBed.

Any good suggestion?

Quote Originally Posted by joyboy_chan View Post
    Correct. What I am asking is how to let saurik's server has my ecid shsh files for 3.0/3.0.1 without go throught Cydia.

Since my iphone now cannot go to homescreen, and Cydia app cannot be used anymore.

So I need a workaround to store 3.0/3.0.1 shsh files to saurik's server. And then, I can point to saurik's server, and flash my phone again.

I don't want to flash 3.1 right now until 3.1 is JBed.

Any good suggestion?
    Unfortunately there is no solution to your problem. I'm in a similar situation but can only wait until the 3.1. jailbreak is released. Basically your 3.0 or 3.0.1 ECID can no longer create shsh files end of story. There is a chance that if you have your ECID number, when on 3.0 or 3.0.1, then someone may come up with a way of using it to create the shsh files but essentially it's currently useless at the moment too! If you can live without the phone for a bit then just sit tight and wait for the 3.1 release and you should be fine. That's all you're going to be able to do.