Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 678

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [Howto] Setup local 3GS restore verification server (ECID SHSH)

  1. #161
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    655
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 43 Times in 43 Posts

    ok downloaded tha latest Java, umbrella, and umbrella gui. ran the program but i don't get any output file (00.shsh) is it being dropped in some other location? i have tried for all 3 FW versions.

    what's going on?

  2. #162
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iGuru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham, UK
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 109 Times in 32 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Madman604x View Post
    ok downloaded tha latest Java, umbrella, and umbrella gui. ran the program but i don't get any output file (00.shsh) is it being dropped in some other location? i have tried for all 3 FW versions.

    what's going on?
    No, it would not be in any other folder. There's obviously something else going wrong.

    Start -> Run -> cmd.exe type: java -version
    What does it say?
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

  3. #163
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    655
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 43 Times in 43 Posts

    i figured it out.

    my hosts was set to:

    127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com

    this would make the app look to my own pc for the blobs, when it should be looking to Apple's servers (not my pc nor Saurik's. I have nothing stored with him). I removed the references to gs.apple.com and it worked, but only for 3.1 (as Apple wont respond to requests for 3.0 or 3.0.1 (replying with connection refused errors)

    in order for umbrella to work, you have to have something stored on Saurik's server (your ECID/BLOBS for 3.0 or 3.0.1). if you don't, and your hosts file has been altered to look at Saurik's server you will get no 00.shsh file at all EXCEPT for 3.1.
    (^^^edited thanks to iGuru)
    OR

    if you have retireved your blobs from sauik's server beforehand and are storing them on your own PC, then you can add the 127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com line to your hosts and you will be able to downgrade to whatever FW blobs you currently have.

    my mistake is that i thought umbrella could generate its own blobs without connecting to ANY server.

    now i know i have my 3.1 blobs. all i gotta do is wait for the Jailbreak for 3.1 to come out.

    i can now stop pulling my hair out.

    final question, now i have my 3.1 blobs i can safely downgrade back to 3.1 in the future (with the help of tiny tss) should apple stop signing 3.1 correct?
    Last edited by Madman604x; 2009-09-25 at 12:22 AM.

  4. #164
    Default I'm worried
    Hi, well, this is happennig to me.

    I have a 3GS 3.0.1 Jailbreaken + Unlocked.

    Now, I pressed "make my life..." in cydia and now cydia is saying.

    "this device has a 3.0 ECID SHSH on file".

    I did the Umbrella way that say here. BUT... I get only the 3.1 SHSH, not 3.0.1, not 3.0. JUST 3.1(00.shsh)

    My question is:

    #1 If I want to restore my 3.0.1 to 3.0, Can I do it with SHSH 3.1 ?
    #2 If I want to restore my 3.0 to 3.0, Can I do it with SHSH 3.1?


    because my worry is if I can restore to 3.0, I don't metter if I can jailbreak to 3.1 or what else.

    I just want be able to restore to 3.0 whenever I want.

    Thank you in advance.

  5. #165
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    655
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 43 Times in 43 Posts

    after Apple stopped signing 3.0 and 3.01, there is NOTHING Saurik can do for you. all you can do is get your blobs for 3.1 (which you did) keep em somewhere safe and wait for the jailbreak for 3.1

    its too late. YOU (and many others)cannot go back to anything except whatever blobs you have. in this case 3.1

    if you did NOT get your info (3.0 annd 3.01)to Saurik during the first "Make my life easier" event. you never will.

    all you have is 3.1 like me

    oh how i wish Cydia said "CLICK ME OR YOUR PHONE MAY BE LOCKED FOREVER!" i would have paid more attention.
    Last edited by Madman604x; 2009-09-25 at 12:15 AM.

  6. #166
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iGuru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham, UK
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 109 Times in 32 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Madman604x View Post
    i figured it out.

    my hosts was set to:
    127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com
    That would do it :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Madman604x View Post
    in order for umbrella to work, you have to have something stored on Saurik's server (your ECID/BLOBS for 3.0 or 3.0.1 or 3.1) if you don't, and your hosts file has been altered to look at Saurik's server you will get no 00.shsh file at all.
    This should not be the case - you should be able to get your 3.1 ECID SHSH if you are pointing to Sauruik's server.
    I just tried, and was able to get my 3.1 ECID SHSH from Saurik's server just fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Madman604x View Post
    final question, now i have my 3.1 blobs i can safely downgrade back to 3.1 in the future (with the help of tiny tss) should apple stop signing 3.1 correct?
    Yes, that is correct.

    Quote Originally Posted by vidix View Post
    cydia is saying. "this device has a 3.0 ECID SHSH on file".

    I did the Umbrella way that say here. BUT... I get only the 3.1 SHSH, not 3.0.1, not 3.0. JUST 3.1(00.shsh)
    Rename 00.shsh to 00.31.shsh

    Make sure your etc/hosts is pointing gs.apple.com to 74.208.105.171 (see below for how to check this) as per the guide, then Open Umbrella-GUI, enter your ECID, select 3.0 from the Firmware Version dropdown list, and click Generate.

    If your 3.0 ECID SHSH is indeed on file with Cydia, a new 00.shsh will be created containing your 3.0 one.

    To check you set your etc/hosts correctly:

    Windows:

    Open cmd.exe, and run ping gs.apple.com
    It should respond:

    Pinging gs.apple.com [74.208.105.171] with 32 bytes of data

    Mac:

    In terminal run ping gs.apple.com
    It should respond:

    Pinging gs.apple.com (74.208.105.171) with 56 bytes of data.

    Quote Originally Posted by vidix View Post
    My question is:

    #1 If I want to restore my 3.0.1 to 3.0, Can I do it with SHSH 3.1 ?
    #2 If I want to restore my 3.0 to 3.0, Can I do it with SHSH 3.1?
    No, the 3.1 ECID SHSH only allows you to restore to 3.1, you need your 3.0 ECID SHSH to restore to 3.0. Follow the instructions I just gave you above and it should sort you out.

    I have updated the first post to clarify checking your etc/hosts is set correctly.
    Last edited by iGuru; 2009-09-25 at 12:23 AM.
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

  7. #167
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    655
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 43 Times in 43 Posts

    This isn't Sparta at all, this is Madness.

    big thanks to iGuru and xsemaphorex for these great tools and time spent making these walkthroughs.
    Last edited by Madman604x; 2009-09-25 at 12:28 AM.

  8. #168
    Thx iGuru for the post.
    I would like to backup my 3.1 ECID SHSH on Cydia's server for future downgrade, I can't downgrade to 3.0 because I just got my iphone a few days back and it came with 3.1 .
    I'm a little lost how to only get this done without downgrading to 3.0, just backing up the ECID SHSH to Cydia's server and going back to my jailed firmware, without restoring to 3.1 since I already have it and I would loose all my music and so on.

    I'm not sure if by doing step 3 of (part 2) would send my ECID SHSH to backup on the server and then I can just get out of recovery mode by holding down Home + Power until iphone reboots.

    Thanks!
    Last edited by TheH; 2009-09-25 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Forgot the thanks!.

  9. #169
    Gah I think I spoke to soon... After I was done restoring to 3.0 firmware I went to jailbreak with redsn0w 8. The first time it didn't work so I had to restore back to 3.1 then do the whole process over again.. This time when I jailbroke it again it was successful... But now I'm having problems with my carrier service. I have no service and no carrier logo.. I think I'm having the exact same problem Ed Hardy was having.. is there any other solution to this besides restoring back to 3.1 then trying the whole process over again?

  10. #170
    Default thank you
    Thanks, now it works.

    But I have a clue.

    When I press 3.0... I get it !! and when i press 3.1 I get it too!!!

    2 files are 64kb. but that means I have SHSH for 3.0 and 3.1 ??

    thanks.

  11. #171
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    655
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 43 Times in 43 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Thx iGuru for the post.
    I would like to backup my 3.1 ECID SHSH on Cydia's server for future downgrade, I can't downgrade to 3.0 because I just got my iphone a few days back and it came with 3.1 .
    I'm a little lost how to only get this done without downgrading to 3.0, just backing up the ECID SHSH to Cydia's server and going back to my jailed firmware, without restoring to 3.1 since I already have it and I would loose all my music and so on.

    I'm not sure if by doing step 3 of (part 2) would send my ECID SHSH to backup on the server and then I can just get out of recovery mode by holding down Home + Power until iphone reboots.

    Thanks!
    wow you lost me there.
    -are you trying to downgrade from 3.1 to 3.0? unless you have 3.0 blobs on Saurik's server you can't. if you do, you're good to go.

    -if you are going back to your jailed firmware (3.0 i assume), why would you restore to 3.1? regardless after going to whatever firmware you wanted, couldn't you just sync your iphone and it would all be transfered back? understandably this may take a while.

    -you don't need to be in recovery/DFU mode to send your ECID to the Server or even connected. you do it wirelessly through Cydia(unless you are recovering the phone)and yes home+power gets you out of recovery mode

    Quote Originally Posted by vidix View Post
    Thanks, now it works.

    But I have a clue.

    When I press 3.0... I get it !! and when i press 3.1 I get it too!!!

    2 files are 64kb. but that means I have SHSH for 3.0 and 3.1 ??

    thanks.
    i think all you needed was to have your 3.0 on Saurik's server. 3.1 can be obtained from Apple or Saurik. 3.1 is generated by both servers apperantly. so yah you got both. keep em safe and separated.

    if you really wanna be sure. try a recovery with both making sure you choose the correct ipsw for the correct shsh file. if it fails. your shsh may be bunk
    Last edited by Madman604x; 2009-09-25 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  12. #172
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iGuru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham, UK
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 109 Times in 32 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by vidix View Post
    When I press 3.0... I get it !! and when i press 3.1 I get it too!!!

    2 files are 64kb. but that means I have SHSH for 3.0 and 3.1 ??
    Yes, it means you have the SHSH for both 3.0 and 3.1

    You can check which is which, by naming one 00.shsh, and starting TinyTTS, 8 lines down it will say:
    INFO: Detected 3.0 shsh blobs! or INFO: Detected 3.1 shsh blobs!

    Double check you do have both a 3.0 and 3.1 file using this method.

    After you're done, I'd recommend calling the 3.1 one "3.1.shsh", and leaving the 3.0 one just as "00.shsh".
    Make sure you know which is which, keep them separately and in a safe place for future use.

    ---

    As for the rest of you guys so far this week I've got to bed between 4-6am each morning, i'm going to bed now (it's almost 12am here now) and I will answer questions again in the morning.

    Sorry I'm leaving you waiting like this, but I really need to get some sleep so I can think straight when answering your questions
    Last edited by iGuru; 2009-09-25 at 12:51 AM.
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

  13. #173
    How do i disable port 80?

  14. #174
    ok just for the record and sorry if someone already asked that...
    I have a 3gs since yesterday, built in week 37 of 2009 (2 weeks ago) and it had 3.1 installed. I edited my hosts for gs.apple.com and tried to downgrade (I know it doesnt work becaue I dont have the 3.0 shsh blobs on cydia)

    but (and here is the question)

    is my 3.1 shsh blobs now already saved on cydia ? Can anyone check that for me ?

    edited away AND THX

    How do i disable port 80?
    on a mac you have to stop whatever http server you are running under sharing, on a pc you are fine unless you have apache installed or something else that uses port 80, generally only one app can use any port at any time, so it should be your verification server, nothing else...
    Last edited by zillion42; 2009-09-25 at 01:58 AM.

  15. #175
    Cool How do I modify /etc/hosts on Mac OS X?
    Regarding "you can point to Saurik's server by doing this:

    Open the file CWindows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts (Windows) or /etc/hosts (Mac OS X) and add the following entry to the bottom of the file.

    74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com"

    Exactly HOW do you modify the Mac OS X file /etc/hosts ?

    I can't even find it, let alone modify it. It appears to be a hidden and locked file.

    Thanks

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by zillion42 View Post
    is my 3.1 shsh blobs now already saved on cydia ? Can anyone check that for me ?
    thx
    I checked for you and was able to get it from Saurik's server.

    Also you might want to edit your post and delete your phone information it's best not to give that info out on a public forum!

    Quote Originally Posted by notknowing View Post
    Exactly HOW do you modify the Mac OS X file /etc/hosts ?
    Use nano to edit it! Open Terminal and do: sudo nano /etc/hosts

    Then, press down til you get to the bottom (empty) line, type: 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com
    Press Ctrl + O, press enter, then Ctrl + X. All done
    Last edited by GorgeVlan; 2009-09-25 at 01:39 AM.

  17. #177
    Just a little information for those who have AT&T as their main carrier service and after jailbreaking they have no signal or service. I found the easiest way to reactivate the phone is to jailbreak down to firmware 3.0. Then while still in recovery mode use purplera1n to fully jailbreak the phone. This got me my phone service back.. Thanks again to all that made this jailbreak possible...Guru..xsemaphorex

  18. #178
    I'm not trying to downgrade because I know I can't, I have a stock 3.1 firware iphone, all I want to do is to send my ECID to the Cydia server to have it backed up.
    I dont have Cydia on my iphone since I have 3.1 and well it's in jail for now.


    Quote Originally Posted by Madman604x View Post
    wow you lost me there.
    -are you trying to downgrade from 3.1 to 3.0? unless you have 3.0 blobs on Saurik's server you can't. if you do, you're good to go.

    -if you are going back to your jailed firmware (3.0 i assume), why would you restore to 3.1? regardless after going to whatever firmware you wanted, couldn't you just sync your iphone and it would all be transfered back? understandably this may take a while.

    -you don't need to be in recovery/DFU mode to send your ECID to the Server or even connected. you do it wirelessly through Cydia(unless you are recovering the phone)and yes home+power gets you out of recovery mode



    i think all you needed was to have your 3.0 on Saurik's server. 3.1 can be obtained from Apple or Saurik. 3.1 is generated by both servers apperantly. so yah you got both. keep em safe and separated.

    if you really wanna be sure. try a recovery with both making sure you choose the correct ipsw for the correct shsh file. if it fails. your shsh may be bunk

  19. #179
    well, if I'm not mistaken
    1. you can simply download the 3.1 ispw (the one you have already, so it wont matter),
    2. edit your hosts file (like explained over and over),
    3. open itunes,
    4. press restore (with shift on pc, alt on mac),
    5. choose the 3.1 ispw,
    6. and restore

    editing your hosts file and restoring should be enough to save your ecid shsh to cydia, it does it when it tells you it verifies with apple... I think, better wait until someone confirms that

  20. #180
    Sao ḿnh làm hoài không được nhỉ ?
    Ḿnh ở Việt Nam .
    Chán quá đi !

Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •