Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 678

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [Howto] Setup local 3GS restore verification server (ECID SHSH)

  1. #141
    Ok now the damn computer doesnt recognize the PING, LoL

    Im at c and i type ping 127.0.0.1 but it says ping isnt recognized command...WTF

  2. #142
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iGuru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham, UK
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 109 Times in 32 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by l0k0 View Post
    Ok now the damn computer doesnt recognize the PING, LoL

    Im at c: and i type ping 127.0.0.1 but it says ping isnt recognized command...WTF
    You need to type ping 127.0.0.1 in the command console (Start -> Run -> cmd.exe)
    If that does not work, your computer is well and truly mucked up and most definitely needs a re-install.

    Why are you even typing ping 127.0.0.1 in the first place? It's not part of the guide to do that.

    And I really am going to bed now... it's 2am. I'll check again when I'm up.
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

  3. #143
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake, Utah
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    OK so I tried that and now it will not go because of something running on port 80. I tryed to stop everything that runs on 80 in little snitch, but it does not seem to be working.


  4. #144
    First off I'd like to say this is a great guide. I am having the same problems as tampabuc2004. When I try recovery mode I get the error message 3001. And when I try DFU mode I get the error code 1600. I've tried multiple times in DFU and recovery and I still receive the same codes. I've tried removing and reinstalling Itunes. That didn't work either unfortunately. I know for sure that I have the 3.0 ECID SHSH on file.. I'm pretty much stuck here. Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

  5. #145
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iGuru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham, UK
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 109 Times in 32 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by thatkid View Post
    OK so I tried that and now it will not go because of something running on port 80. I tryed to stop everything that runs on 80 in little snitch, but it does not seem to be working.
    1) Click System Preferences
    2) Click Sharing
    3) Check that Web Sharing is unticked

    If it is unticked, it's not the built-in web-server so it'd be one you installed yourself - you'd have to figure out what it was and disable it as there is no way for us to know what it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatedhope87 View Post
    First off I'd like to say this is a great guide. I am having the same problems as tampabuc2004. When I try recovery mode I get the error message 3001. And when I try DFU mode I get the error code 1600. I've tried multiple times in DFU and recovery and I still receive the same codes. I've tried removing and reinstalling Itunes. That didn't work either unfortunately. I know for sure that I have the 3.0 ECID SHSH on file.. I'm pretty much stuck here. Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    The most common cause of 3001 is trying to restore a different version with the incorrect ECID SHSH file, e.g. having a 3.1 ECID SHSH and trying to restore to 3.0.

    When you start TinyTTS, it should say something along the lines of the following:

    Code:
    24-Sep-2009 10:18:47 com.semaphore.TinyTSS cacheFiles
    INFO: Caching blobs...
    24-Sep-2009 10:18:47 com.semaphore.TinyTSS cacheFiles
    INFO: Cached 00.shsh
    24-Sep-2009 10:18:48 com.semaphore.TinyTSS verifyCache
    INFO: Verifying ecid shsh blobs...
    24-Sep-2009 10:18:48 com.semaphore.TinyTSS verifyCache
    INFO: Detected 3.0 shsh blobs!
    24-Sep-2009 10:18:48 com.semaphore.TinyTSS cacheFiles
    INFO: Finished caching blobs
    24-Sep-2009 10:18:48 com.semaphore.TinyTSS run
    INFO: Starting TinyTSS service on port 80
    Note the line: INFO: Detected 3.0 shsh blobs!
    Does yours say that, or something different?

    If it says something different you need to use Umbrella to get your 3.0 ECID SHSH file.
    Last edited by iGuru; 2009-09-24 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

  6. #146
    Yea your right. It says Detected 3.1 shsh blobs. Where does the put me?

  7. #147
    Can u give screen shot or video all stepppp?????

  8. #148
    Hmm every time I use umbrella to get my shsh, I get a 3.1 shsh blob.. Does that mean I never had a 3.0? I could have sworn when I looked in Cydia it said that I had a 3.0 ECID SHSH on file.. I don't understand why I keep receiving the 3.1

  9. #149
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iGuru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham, UK
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 109 Times in 32 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatedhope87 View Post
    Hmm every time I use umbrella to get my shsh, I get a 3.1 shsh blob.. Does that mean I never had a 3.0? I could have sworn when I looked in Cydia it said that I had a 3.0 ECID SHSH on file.. I don't understand why I keep receiving the 3.1
    The default is to get 3.1, that's why.

    Point your etc/hosts to Saurik's server as per the tutorial, then double click Umbrella-GUI.jar to open it.

    Enter your phone ECID.
    Where it says Firmware Version: Click on 3.1 and select 3.0



    Then click generate, it will give you your 3.0 SHSH instead.

    Or, if you're not using the GUI, use: java -jar umbrella.jar -e ecidhere -v 3.0
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

  10. #150
    Can I use 3.0.1 for umbrella -GUI ....I want to restore 3.0.1 bz I can intall mbintall patch plssss hlp guysss

  11. #151
    Oh god shoot me now. I'm such an idiot.. I was clicking on 3.1 the entire time! Ok I've got the 3.0 blob.. and I have the tinytss server running... Got the phone into Recovery mode and now I'm getting error code 20.. Tried DFU mode as well like you said and WALLAH! PRESTO! It worked like a charm.. Man thanks so much. You are a genius! I can't thank you enough. It's now 4 am here and I'm just about ready to die. Thanks again for all your help.


    P.S. You deserve a well earned nap haha

  12. #152
    broo where to save 00.shsh fileeeeeee pplsss help meeee

  13. #153
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iGuru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham, UK
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 109 Times in 32 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatedhope87 View Post
    and WALLAH! PRESTO! It worked like a charm.. Man thanks so much. You are a genius! I can't thank you enough. It's now 4 am here and I'm just about ready to die. Thanks again for all your help.
    No problem, glad it worked out for you

    Quote Originally Posted by shehan1234 View Post
    broo where to save 00.shsh fileeeeeee pplsss help meeee
    shehan1234 - Spamming the topic and PMing me repeatedly isn't going to get you any answers. I am at work right now, I may have time to help you later.
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

  14. #154
    lol sheesh.. i write the tool and you get the acolades.


    oh well such is life.

    Thanks for explaining my tool to everyone so well bud!

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to xsemaphorex For This Useful Post:

    monica_69 (2009-09-24)

  16. #155
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iGuru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham, UK
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 109 Times in 32 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by xsemaphorex View Post
    lol sheesh.. i write the tool and you get the acolades.

    oh well such is life.
    lol, we all know you for made the tools and much appreciate it

    Quote Originally Posted by xsemaphorex View Post
    Thanks for explaining my tool to everyone so well bud!
    np

    Quote Originally Posted by shehan1234 View Post
    Can I use 3.0.1 for umbrella -GUI ....I want to restore 3.0.1 bz I can intall mbintall patch plssss hlp guysss
    Not unless you have your 3.0.1 ECID SHSH on file with Cydia, and this is highly unlikely.
    If you do, when you start Cydia above where it says "Welcome to Cydia" it will say "You have a 3.0.1 ECID SHSH on file."

    If it does not say that, there is no way to do this, sorry.
    Last edited by iGuru; 2009-09-24 at 08:20 PM.
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

  17. #156
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake, Utah
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Ok I got it to upload last night but after reading ahead in the forum I discovered that I did not select 3.0, but instead 3.1 so I had to go back and do it all again. Here is what I got in terminal.


  18. #157
    bro i run tinytss.exe but i have a this error pls hlp bro


    but open the brows tinytss.exe display this message
    Last edited by shehan1234; 2009-09-24 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  19. #158
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iGuru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham, UK
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 109 Times in 32 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by thatkid View Post
    Ok I got it to upload last night but after reading ahead in the forum I discovered that I did not select 3.0, but instead 3.1 so I had to go back and do it all again. Here is what I got in terminal
    Unfortunately your 3.0 SHSH ECID is not valid.

    This means either:

    1) You do not have it on file with Cydia. There is nothing you can do about this, you're out of luck.
    OR
    2) You haven't set your etc/hosts to saurik's server.

    Quote Originally Posted by shehan1234 View Post
    but open the brows tinytss.exe display this message
    There is nothing wrong with the second picture, it's working just fine. However that is for 3.1 not 3.0.1.
    Last edited by iGuru; 2009-09-24 at 09:54 PM.
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to iGuru For This Useful Post:

    thatkid (2009-09-24)

  21. #159
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake, Utah
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Yeah it was the host file. It is doing the downgrade now! Thanks much for your help man!

  22. #160
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iGuru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham, UK
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 109 Times in 32 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by thatkid View Post
    Yeah it was the host file. It is doing the downgrade now! Thanks much for your help man!
    np, glad it worked out for you in the end
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •