Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 678

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [Howto] Setup local 3GS restore verification server (ECID SHSH)

  1. #101
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iGuru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham, UK
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 109 Times in 32 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Monster1985 View Post
    i think i'll turn it off. put in the box and wait for Pwnage tool for 3.1 GOD knows when hopefully sooon
    Good idea, I definately agree with semaphore there, as soon as 3.1 is jailbroken (for the 3GS) you'll be sorted for however long the phone physically lasts
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

  2. #102

  3. #103
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iGuru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham, UK
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 109 Times in 32 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by silvershad0w View Post
    I don't see what's so hard to understand. It's not possible to downgrade without your 3.0 ECID SHSH.

    Sure, that guide would have worked a few weeks ago when Apple was still signing 3.0 ECID SHSH's, however they are not any longer, this is why you can not downgrade.
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by iGuru View Post
    I don't see what's so hard to understand. It's not possible to downgrade without your 3.0 ECID SHSH.

    Sure, that guide would have worked a few weeks ago when Apple was still signing 3.0 ECID SHSH's, however they are not any longer, this is why you can not downgrade.
    I understand fully boss! And have understood from the start. Just found this and wondered what you thought... It makes no mention in here about using a stored 3.0.x blob locally or on Cydia.
    So this guide must be a pile of tosh since 3.1 was released eh.
    The Guru has spoken.
    The wait continues....
    Last edited by silvershad0w; 2009-09-23 at 03:38 PM.

  5. #105
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iGuru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham, UK
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 109 Times in 32 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by silvershad0w View Post
    I understand fully boss! And have understood from the start. Just found this and wondered what you thought... It makes no mention in here about using a stored 3.0.x blob locally or on Cydia.
    So this guide must be a pile of tosh since 3.1 was released eh.
    The Guru has spoken.
    The wait continues....
    The reason that would have worked to begin with is because Apple were - at the time the guide was written, allowing people to restore to 3.0.
    Again, at the time it was written no one knew for sure that Apple would stop allowing restores to 3.0, which is likely why it wasn't mentioned.

    However as they do not allow restores to 3.0 any longer, unfortunately that method will no longer work.
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

  6. #106
    Fair do's. Cheers again for a great thread, v usefull indeed.
    Keep us poor numptys (idiots!) who A: Didn't opt for Cydia to 'Make my life easier' and B: allowed iTunes to restore to bloody 3.1, up to date with any developments on regaining the beloved Jailbreak. My life is empty without it! lol

  7. #107
    Thanks Iguru,

    've read in several comments that for everything to work, we need to stick to itunes 9. But will itunes 9.0.1 affect anything?

    thank you in advance.

  8. #108
    I get all the way to the jailbreak, but when the phone boots into the OS, it isn't activated. How can I activate the phone? I'm on ATT.

  9. #109
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iGuru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham, UK
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 109 Times in 32 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by chiron View Post
    Thanks Iguru,

    've read in several comments that for everything to work, we need to stick to itunes 9. But will itunes 9.0.1 affect anything?

    thank you in advance.
    iTunes 9.0.1 works fine, I verified this myself this morning

    Quote Originally Posted by slewis41 View Post
    I get all the way to the jailbreak, but when the phone boots into the OS, it isn't activated. How can I activate the phone? I'm on ATT.
    As you are on the official carrier, to activate your phone, make sure you are connected to the Internet (on your PC/laptop) and plug your phone in via the USB cable, open iTunes, and leave it for a bit. It does sometimes take a while to activate if the activation servers are busy.
    Last edited by iGuru; 2009-09-23 at 05:33 PM.
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

  10. #110
    Default cannot get a 00.shsh file
    Hello,

    i tried both WIN and MAC, i have a iphone 3gs which is no more booting, so i have the ECID and try to geht the 00.shsh file.

    all i get is a dos prompt with many code (xml) i think.

    but there is no created file in the fw-umbrella-semaphore folder.
    i have no file on cydia but i have iBEC.n88ap.RELEASE.dfu and iBSS.n88ap.RELEASE.dfu files.

    can anybody help please.
    kind regards kruegge
    Last edited by kruegge; 2009-09-23 at 06:19 PM.

  11. #111
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iGuru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham, UK
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 109 Times in 32 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by kruegge View Post
    Hello,

    i tried both WIN and MAC, i have a iphone 3gs which is no more booting, so i have the ECID and try to geht the 00.shsh file.

    all i get is a dos prompt with many code (xml) i think.

    but there is no created file in the fw-umbrella-semaphore folder.
    i have no file on cydia but i have iBEC.n88ap.RELEASE.dfu and iBSS.n88ap.RELEASE.dfu files.

    can anybody help please.
    kind regards kruegge
    Hi Kruegge,

    Are you trying to get the 3.1 SHSH file, or 3.0?
    Unless you have 3.0 on Cydia (which you say you don't) you will only be able to use this to get your 3.1 00.shsh file.
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

  12. #112
    ok i have try it with 3.1 and get the 00.shsh file, but my last firmware is the 3.0.1, ca i now restore to 3.0.1, in iTunes i get an error.

    I cannot upgrade to 3.1 because i need to jailbreak an unlock my phone.

    is there any way to restore 3.0.1?

    thanks for help
    kruegge
    Last edited by kruegge; 2009-09-23 at 06:52 PM.

  13. #113
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iGuru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham, UK
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 109 Times in 32 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by kruegge View Post
    ok i have try it with 3.1 and get the 00.shsh file, but my last firmware is the 3.0.1, ca i now restore to 3.0.1, in iTunes i get an error.

    I cannot upgrade to 3.1 because i need to jailbreak an unlock my phone.

    is there any way to restore 3.0.1?

    thanks for help
    kruegge
    I'm afraid it is not possible to restore to 3.0 or 3.0.1, so basically you have two choices.

    1) Put your 3GS in your bedroom draw, and wait for the 3.1 Jailbreak to be released and when it is, start using your phone again.
    2) Update to 3.1, loosing the Jailbreak until one for the 3GS is released however you will also loose the ability to unlock - possibly forever.

    Sorry I can't be of any more help.
    Last edited by iGuru; 2009-09-23 at 07:13 PM.
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

  14. #114
    ok, will this let me restore back to 3.0.1? My phone is unlocked and jailbroken (3gs) on 3.0.1 but it got stuck after i downloaded something from cydia. My files are not on file with cydia will this fake server let me restore back to 3.0.1?

    to add on I have saved my files on my desktop though my ibec and iecc files I have also a way to get my ECID still
    Last edited by ahmadj; 2009-09-23 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  15. #115
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iGuru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham, UK
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 109 Times in 32 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmadj View Post
    ok, will this let me restore back to 3.0.1? My phone is unlocked and jailbroken (3gs) on 3.0.1 but it got stuck after i downloaded something from cydia. My files are not on file with cydia will this fake server let me restore back to 3.0.1?
    No, and had you bothered to read the guide, you would already know this was not possible.
    You (personally) can only use this to back up your 3.1 SHSH.
    Last edited by iGuru; 2009-09-23 at 11:25 PM.
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

  16. #116
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake, Utah
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Cannot get it to work...


    I keep getting that error that something is missing...?

    Sorry n00b kid over here.

  17. #117
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iGuru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham, UK
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 109 Times in 32 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by thatkid View Post
    I keep getting that error that something is missing...?

    Sorry n00b kid over here.
    Edit: Just saw the problem, you did not cd to the directory.

    Close and Re-open Terminal.app

    Then do:

    cd Desktop/fw-umbrella-semaphore
    sudo java -jar tinytss.jar
    Last edited by iGuru; 2009-09-23 at 11:24 PM.
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

  18. #118
    dineshparashar (Port 80!)
    Run: type MSCONFIG
    Look in Services & Startup for a ssh or htpp server app
    this may help you out with your Port 80!

  19. #119
    Can someone explain how to do this is WinBlows VISTA. I keep trying everything the original author said, but i keep coming up with no file when i put in my ECID....Also if i just click the .exe's (for the hell of it), nothing ever loads.......Am i missing something..Sorry im just getting frustrated at myself. Its never taken me this long to get something to work, LoL...Thanks

  20. #120
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iGuru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham, UK
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 109 Times in 32 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by l0k0 View Post
    Can someone explain how to do this is WinBlows VISTA. I keep trying everything the original author said, but i keep coming up with no file when i put in my ECID....Also if i just click the .exe's (for the hell of it), nothing ever loads.......Am i missing something..Sorry im just getting frustrated at myself. Its never taken me this long to get something to work, LoL...Thanks
    You have got Java Runtime Environment installed, right?

    Without it nothing will work.
    Last edited by iGuru; 2009-09-24 at 12:37 AM.
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •