Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Howto] Setup local 3GS restore verification server (ECID SHSH)

well, tried it on a xp machine and got the same 1600 error code. Guess I am SOL and have to wait for a jailbreak. Wish there was one soon instead of haveing to wait till 4.0.

Edit: I was putting the phone in the wrong mode. Now I get error 3001! This is never going to end! I need help!
    Last edited by gametorque; 2010-02-27 at 08:56 PM.

Hello, I've was wondering if anyone could help solve my problem
    Well it's like this.
    I've already established the ecidshsh.
    When I follow the instruction of adding 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com to the host file and then pinging afterwards, it shows an incorrect ping [17.151.36.30] but even with that, I kept following the instructions but when restoring the 3.1.2 firmware instead of receiving any errors, I was notified that the device wasn't eligible for the requested build.
    Can anyone kindly guide me through this cycle ?
    I'm using iTune 8.2
    I have a iPhone 3GS with firmware 3.1.3

yeah if your ping does not look right then of course itunes is going to hit apple and not saurik's server. That should be fixed first.

andyharp

What do you mean with "if the ping does not look right"?

Iīm having the same problem...

if you have hosts file correct then if you ping gs.apple.com it should report back 127.....or saurik whichever you prefer
    if not then you are not successfully redirecting iTunes during the restore process

same issue here. Got the server to resolve locally, but then I get the message that iTunes could not contact the server. Anyone?

Default Use diffrent shsh file
    Is it possible to use shsh file from another iphone to downgrade from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 local from PC ? I have the shsh file from my 2nd iphone on my PC.. any chanse ?

Thanks

No their unique to each phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazigar View Post
    Is it possible to use shsh file from another iphone to downgrade from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 local from PC ? I have the shsh file from my 2nd iphone on my PC.. any chanse ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cid6.7 View Post
    No their unique to each phone
    ok! Thank you for answering

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I was stuck on the vicious Blackra1n (GeoHOT's face)-> Reboot -> Blackra1n (GeoHOT's face) cycle after I installed an app called iCall from the App Store and tried to use my friend's SIM card (without data plan) and that was the beginning of my nightmare.

So after researching I came across this post, followed it all to the T and I restored my iPhone back to 3.1.2 WITHOUT updating to 3.1.3.

I have a question though...if I ever have to restore again...can I use the same procedure as many times as I want on my iPhone?

Thank you iGuru!
    Last edited by iPhoneJunkee; 2010-03-04 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

can i edit shsh file?????

i had tow iphone 3Gs, one is on 3.1.2 and already has shsh , but another

one is not and accidently upgread to 3.1.3 . so i wish to edit shsh file .

please help me///

iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SaeYoung View Post
    Hello, I've was wondering if anyone could help solve my problem
    Well it's like this.
    I've already established the ecidshsh.
    When I follow the instruction of adding 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com to the host file and then pinging afterwards, it shows an incorrect ping [17.151.36.30] but even with that, I kept following the instructions but when restoring the 3.1.2 firmware instead of receiving any errors, I was notified that the device wasn't eligible for the requested build.
    Can anyone kindly guide me through this cycle ?
    I'm using iTune 8.2
    I have a iPhone 3GS with firmware 3.1.3
    first things first..YOU must get the redirect in notepad right...some people cant do it cause they dont have "full control" of their HOSTS file(dont ask me why)..I did not and just editinmg the HOSTS file was the hardest part for me...after you get that done the restore aint that bad(just try and get to the 1015 error-then you can proceed)anyway..for me..I had to move the original HOSTS file out to the desktop and rename it(I used HOSTS1)..you can put it back later....make a new folder where the HOSTS file was in notepad...then add sauriks redirect.(you still wont be able to "save" it but you can "save as" this time w/ the new file...and now when you go back to notepad it will stick!...go to iTunes and watch and behold as Cydia restores you back to 3.1.2 glta

here is a crazy question for ya. I have shsh on saurik for 3.1.3 with firmware 5.11.07. Now my phone has been updated to the official 3.1.3 and I have the deadly 5.12 firmware now. I have tried all of the steps in hope that the shsh file on saurik would have my original 5.11.07 on it. However I no longer have the custom ipsw file from snowbreeze and creating another one seems to just reload 5.12 or give me error 1600 or 1604 in itunes. Am I just stuck for now?

Just an idea. If the shsh I backed up with cydia has the 3.1.3 with firmware 5.11.07 then shouldnt I be able to download a custom iphone-3.1.3 restore and run it in itunes?
    Last edited by harrison0550; 2010-03-08 at 01:20 AM.

Hi guys can i use this to restore a 3.1.2 even if i have a 3.1.3 shsh? Thanks

Ok so I edited my hosts file and added "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com" to the last line but I'm still getting this error "This device isnīt eligible for the requested build". What am I doing wrong?
    YOU HELP ME, I THANK YOU
    I HELP YOU, YOU THANK ME

AND WE'RE ALL HAPPY

iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by franklinromeo View Post
    Ok so I edited my hosts file and added "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com" to the last line but I'm still getting this error "This device isnīt eligible for the requested build". What am I doing wrong?
    74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

try that instead...the one I used w/ success

can only get apple 2 make shsh file when i do 3.1.3 :S
    Last edited by pip989; 2010-03-08 at 06:18 PM.

Is it strange or what ?

I have purchased my Iphone 3gs for 2 months ago with firmware 3.1.2 installed and i jailbreaked it after 1 week. The strange thing is i installed Cydia for 1 week ago and my SHSH file was saved on aurikīs server ? I did not clicked any link like make my life easier or whatever !!!

Default hey stuck on one part
    hey if anyone can please help me....i followed the instructions but need help with part 3 number 2 i dont understand what you mean by that? and when i go to change my hosts file i dont have one....im running on iphone 3gs 3.1.3 5.12.01 old bootrom...help will much appreciated thnks!

I know this is desperate, but can anybody check my ECID? If its working or not? I cant get to downgrade Iphone 3Gs .

000003C3060C8D76

Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast