Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Howto] Setup local 3GS restore verification server (ECID SHSH)

Quote Originally Posted by andyharp View Post
    bigsteve777
    out of luck buddy, apple will not sign 3.1.2 anymore. saurik just stores already signed shahs. someone chime in to correct me if I'm mistaken.
    So what should I do then just JB? What will happen if I need to restore? Upgrade then revert?

BTW thanks for the quick reply!

@ bigsteve

you can jailbreak if you want to, but it will be tethered (have to connect to the computer and run blackra1n every time your phone has to boot). Regardless if you jailbreak or not, if your phone ever needs a restore, you will *have* to upgrade. You have no chance of ever getting the file required to reload 2.1.2 on that phone. Crappy news, I know, but there is nothing to be done about it.

*edit* I meant 3.1.2

posting on this site from an iPhone sucks. I can't figure out how to scroll in the quick reply box to proof read.
    Last edited by L00i3; 2010-02-20 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by L00i3 View Post
    @ bigsteve

you can jailbreak if you want to, but it will be tethered (have to connect to the computer and run blackra1n every time your phone has to boot). Regardless if you jailbreak or not, if your phone ever needs a restore, you will *have* to upgrade. You have no chance of ever getting the file required to reload 2.1.2 on that phone. Crappy news, I know, but there is nothing to be done about it.

*edit* I meant 3.1.2
    So basically I can JB and have tethered but if I ever have to restore I'll have to update to 3.1.3 and have a stock phone? I'm not worried about unlocking as I use my carrier anyway. I won't be able to JB after I restore to 3.1.3?

Thanks again guys for your help.

Ok here's another question. Since every ECID is different so are the SHSH's. Would there be a way to edit an existing SHSH and change it to fit a ECID? This would give us that have just purchased a way to have a 3.1.2 SHSH's on Cydia or on our computer.
    Last edited by bigsteve777; 2010-02-21 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Got everything work up until this message pops up as I tried to restore to 3.1.2. Is this normal? Thanks.

UPDATE: I reran the entire process, got pass the message above. Now I am getting ERROR 1600. Any advice or trick to get pass that error? The instruction suggested doing it on another computer, has anyone successfully done that? I am using Macbook with snow leopard and the latest iTune. Thanks.
    Last edited by 8lias; 2010-02-21 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by efelix View Post
    I have a 3GS unlocked before, but on a restart (I have done it 2 or 3 times already) when I wanted to run blackra1n for jailbreak again as it should be, now, the phone stayed in DFU mode and I can not get out of there. i have the ECID but the umbrella program does not give me shsh file to restore the firmware, the phone has not been updated to 3.1.3, still is in the 3.1.2, the boot is 359.3.2 ....I must upgrade to 3.1.3 and degrade later or what can I do? It is the week 48 of 2009 as the IMEI indicates.
    thanks in advance.

see the pictures please
    I've got the same problem as yours... I saved my 3.1.2, and the sarik's server gives me SHSH for 3.1.3 !!

Any advise ?!?

I have a oldBootrom 3gs @ FW 3.1 and want so save/generate a umbrella file for a local restor but it dosnt work...

On two other iphones with 3.12 the same.
    Ive clicked "make my live easier" in Cydia an a few days later there are green text with "u have shsh for 3.1.3
    But why not for 3.1.2?

With my own iphone i can make a restore file - but with no other iphone.

Ive tested on more Pc's - java is installed!

Just bought a new iPhone 3gs. New bootrom and 3.1.3 firmware.

I can follow this guide perfectly, but I guess when I extract my shsh file, it's for 3.1.3 and when I go to downgrade to 3.1.2, iTunes gives me error 1600.

My question is, is there anyway to obtain my 3.1.2 shsh file?

According to this video, it looks like it's possible but I can't find iReb 3.1-3 available for download anywhere: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-oSbKtajX4]YouTube - iREB 3.1-3 | iPhone 3G[S] 3.1 SHSH Grabber (DEMO)[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by andyharp View Post
    efelix, do the hosts file edit thing and verify by pinging. then restore and pick the 3.1.2 firmware. you should be able to restore since iTunes will now look at hosts file and it go to saurik to verify. if your stuck in dfu and can't get out, you might as well go to 3. 1. 3 (remove host edit so iTunes will go to apple server). get 3. 1. 3 up and going. then go back change host file then do a restore and pick 3. 1. 2 and try again.
    thanks so much andy, but i update 3.1.3 already and can not upgrade to 3.1.2, i only have to wait for jailbreak an unlock for this teem.

thank again.

Exclamation Perhaps Related / Perhaps Not.... (apologies)
    Hello there.

Thanks in advance for any any all helpful replies to this post.

I have the following phone:
    • iPhone 3Gs
    • Firmware - 3.1.3
    • Base band 05.12.01
    • iBoot /359.3

THe phone has never been unlocked or jailbroken.

Making use of fw-umbrella-semaphore-221-mac (in DFU mode) I was able to get what I believe is my ECID.SHSH file.

I have updated my host file and am running tinytss server. When I ping gs.apple.com it confirms that it is in fact hitting my computer and is NOT going to apple.

When I am in DFU mode I open iTunes and try to restore a custom 3.1.3 Firmware I made with the help of sn0wbreeze-V1.5.1.exe.

The custom firmware will not load. I am getting the following error:

"The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1600).

I am able to reload the iPhone2,1_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw no problem. However this is of no help as the phone is left in an inactivated status and requests I insert and ATT SIMM Card.

Since I have the earlier bootloader and my ECID.SHSH it is my belief I should be able to Jailbreak the phone.

Again thanks for any and all helpful replies.

Thanks,
    WWS

Exclamation 3GS Downgrade 3.1.3 to 3.1.2
    3GS Downgrade 3.1.3 to 3.1.2

- my system is winxp sp2
    - my itune is 9.0.2.xxx
    - i successfully done a few 3gs downgrade
    - i have shsh 3.1.2
    - i know irecovery to auto-boot for radio signal

** one thing i dunno is why i have a 3GS always giving me 1604 error after long time of "preparing to restore". the umbrella and tinytss working great, in fact i did a few already, but somehow got one device really hate me. the progress bar on iphone just dun want to proceed and give me 1604 error!!

** i also tried multiple times of dfu
    ** i also tried multiple times of recovery mode

any expert can give me some advice ? just dun understand why ?

Quote Originally Posted by j2innet View Post
    - i have shsh 3.1.2
    How'd you get 3.1.2 shsh? Did you use umbrella prior to upgrading to 3.1.3? What bootrom do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by esotericsean View Post
    How'd you get 3.1.2 shsh? Did you use umbrella prior to upgrading to 3.1.3? What bootrom do you have?
    1. i jailbreak-ed that 3gs in 3.1.2 new BR395.3.2 (while apple still sign 3.1.2)
    2. in FEB, apple stop sign 312, then 3gs got problem, update to 3.1.3
    3. use umbrella to save 3.1.2 blob from cydia
    4. hosts divertion for itune
    5. tinytss to answer itune's verification process
    6. empty progress bar on iphone
    7. wait for long time then itune prompt 1604

Default Help me
    Quote Originally Posted by mSidhu View Post
    this is what it says in command prommt at the bottem, did I do it correctly?

TinyTSS[INFO|TinyTSS-RequestHandler|4:47:03]: ***Response***
    TinyTSS[INFO|TinyTSS-RequestHandler|4:47:03]: Successfully wrote blob response

But I still can't restore my phone on itunes a error shows up saying something like the restore cant be done and a 3001 error.
    I am having the exact same problem as you
    U can fix this problem?

Someone should create a little app that allows you to modify ecid shsh files. Would that be possible? I'm going to look into this more

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mSidhu View Post
    this is what it says in command prommt at the bottem, did I do it correctly?

TinyTSS[INFO|TinyTSS-RequestHandler|4:47:03]: ***Response***
    TinyTSS[INFO|TinyTSS-RequestHandler|4:47:03]: Successfully wrote blob response

But I still can't restore my phone on itunes a error shows up saying something like the restore cant be done and a 3001 error.
    I am having the exact same problem as you
    U can fix this problem?
    Someone should create a little app that allows you to modify ecid shsh files. Would that be possible? I'm going to look into this more
    I have exactly same problem with yours... I had broken my 3GS wihic was on 3.0 without jailbreak and try to go 3.1.2 fw butit was not successfull and phone+itunes had forced to me go to 3.1.3 and now I have local shsh file on my computer for 3.1.3 fw and 3.1.2 cydia shsh for my old 3GS.. If someone manage to create little or big app that allows us to modiy shsh files i think we can do the all those staffs for necessary to downgrade 3.1.2 again and jailbreeak it successfully... I will look into about this more as @esotericsean and will keep you updated if I find something.. Please do the same as well..

Please Help!!

I am currently on 3.1.2 but my iphone has frozen on the apple logo. I dont want to restore it to 3.1.3 because I need the network unock. I have downloaded the 3.1.2 firmware but itunes no longer alllows restores on old firmwares.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Default downgrade
    so if my cydia says i have 3.1.2 on file does that mean i cannot downgrade

Why would you want to downgrade?

I must not understand all this cause i get to step 3 and have no clue how to do it! I need someone to explain the steps as easy as possible! send me a message!

I am getting error 1600 with my iphone 3gs. my shsh file was on cydia, phone is new and had 3.1.2 jailbroken, it whent into a loop in the boot up and was forced to install 3.1.3. Have fallowed all steps, everything worked but get error 1600. am on windows 7 64. maybe I should try a different computer.
    Last edited by gametorque; 2010-02-27 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone 3GS Stuck at Recovery after BlackRa1n

I have a 3GS Factory Unlocked 3.1.2 . Jailbreak iphone already then reboot. I then reset my settings to erase old content from old user and the phone rebooted. The then problem arises is when I install Blackra1n on the phone, the Blackra1n logo (make it rain picture with geohut) stuck for some time then go to iphone recovery mode.

After this I reboot the phone manually and it gets stuck at the recovery logo with the USB and the iTunes.

I have tried several methods like
    1- Custom firmware - It does not load-i get error 16XX
    2- Activation Via Blacka1n several times but blackra1n does not work
    3- Erasing Data
    4- and many more

I am using mac os 10.5.8
    3gs 16gb

Anyone who has overcome this problem or has experienced it please reply.

Thanks!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to jlam3 For This Useful Post:

superbarnie (2011-01-29)

Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast