Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Howto] Setup local 3GS restore verification server (ECID SHSH)

I have got a few questions

Do you keep your SHSH ECID file if you have restored your iPhone?

Do I need to have a SHSH ECID file saved on my iPhone in order to do this guide?

Do I need to have a JailBroken iPhone to do this guide?

Thanks in advance! BTW I have iPhone 3GS on 3.1.3

Quote Originally Posted by blueiPh0ne View Post
    I have got a few questions

Do you keep your SHSH ECID file if you have restored your iPhone?

Do I need to have a SHSH ECID file saved on my iPhone in order to do this guide?

Do I need to have a JailBroken iPhone to do this guide?

Thanks in advance! BTW I have iPhone 3GS on 3.1.3
    Do I need to have a SHSH ECID file saved on my iPhone in order to do this guide? No, once you setup umbrella and tinyTSS the .shsh file gets saved to the same folder

Do I need to have a JailBroken iPhone to do this guide? Kind of. Your phone had to be jailbroken at 3.1.2 or earlier so that you could save your .shsh with the Saurik server. I believe this guide tells you how to access said saved file with a restored 3.1.3 phone so that you can downgrade to 3.1.2 and then jb.

I came a cropper at the selection of file from Cydia/Saurik the only file that could be found and downloaded was 3.1.3 which I thought was strange as I had backed up while the firmware on my phone was 3.1.2

/Comf

Quote Originally Posted by jet66 View Post
    Out of curiosity, I opened /etc/hosts on my iMac, to look at the server list, and I have no IP's in it, aside from the localhost 127.0.0.1. I expected to see the gs.apple entry in there, but it's not listed. What gives?

I haven't 'upgraded' my JB'd 3GS from 3.1.2, nor do I plan to, but I wanted to make sure that if something happened, I had my ducks in a row in order to reload 3.1.2.
    The gs.apple.com entry will not be there unless you enter it.
    Read Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik) for more info.
    Essentially what this entry does is when you try to connect to a DNS server, in this case gs.apple.com, windows will change the location it connects to i.e. the ip address preceeding the DNS name (you can either connect to the saurik server or connect to the host if you have you .shsh on file.

Quote Originally Posted by timurzilla View Post
    Downgrade iPhone 3GS OS 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 I receive an error message like (The iPhone could not br restore. This device isnít eligible for requested build.) I need Help
    Thanks,
    As above.
    Last edited by Comfy; 2010-02-11 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks for your answers, i saved my SHSH ECID file via Cydia while my iPhone was jailbroken. I restored (not knowing 3.1.3 was not jailbreakable) so now my iPhone is on 3.1.3. Is my SHSH ECID file gone now that I restored via iTunes on PC?

hey there, problem i am having is after i set up my umbrella and tiny tss and everything is working fine,,,redsnow does not read my iphone,I have some questions,
    Which Redsn0w version do i use?

and since phone is in recovery or DFU mode.. i need to get it out of that in order for redsnow to proceed....is there any other way i can do this?

If your .shsh file is saved on Cydia you can try and downgrade to 3.1.2 and the jb 3.1.2
    But I've read alot of forums and there are mixed results, both good and bad.

Good Luck!

/Comf

Quote Originally Posted by Suqdeez View Post
    This was perfect! I thought my iphone was doomed! lol. I'm on 3.1.2 and my iphone suddenly crashed with the apple logo freeze. Wasn't until then i found out apple stopped verifying 3.1.2 restores which was a slap in the face.. good thing i found this thread and followed it to the T. Thanks for the perfect explanations on how to get it done right in one run. Worked like a charm. Sure made me appreciate seeing my phone boot up again lol! Owe you big time!

My advice to anyone out there would be to go ahead and try this method even if you're not sure whether or not 'saurik-cydia' has your 'ECID SHSH' file backed up. I went into this knowing i never clicked the 'make your life easier' link and yet my SHSH was still backed up. Just goes to show how good these guys are at what they do. Auto-save FTW! haha thanks guys, keep it up!

btw, i just now registered my modmyi account just to thank iGuru for his efforts. haha after saving my phone, that's the least i could do. Thumbs up bud. you get a standing ovation from me.

iPhone 3GS 3.1.2
    Suqdeez, Did you use Win7 for the downgrade or a different OS as I might try setting up a virtual XP session etc etc.

/Comf
    Last edited by Comfy; 2010-02-11 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I had a jailbroken iPhone 3Gs 3.1.2 with the new bootrom. I used blackra1n to jailbreak it on Mac OS X 10.5.8. I know this is a tethered jailbreak and I have actually rebooted the phone many times (installing Cydia stuff) and rejailbroken it with blackra1n.

But one day my iPhone froze (might have been Backgrounder running too many applications at once or that Rock application) and I had to force reboot (holding down home and lock button). When it rebooted I saw the (familiar) connect to iTunes screen on my phone. So seeing this before and I simply tried to run blackra1n again, but after it reboots it simply shows the connect to iTunes screen once more. I tried running blackra1n many times (even in DFU mode, which doesn't work at all) but the same results. I would like to note that when I see geohot's picture, I don't see the animated spinning wheel and it seems the popup message that says "Your device is jailbroken. If you paid for this application..." comes up way too fast.

I also tried to use PwnageTool 3.1.5 to restore to a custom fireware in DFU mode but iTunes would give me error 1600. So I decided to start over and restore to 3.1.2 but now iTunes would say this iPhone is ineligible for this build.

I was about to give up all hope until I ran into a nice article explaining how Apple is now verifying all restores with their server and it was preventing my iPhone 3Gs to restore back to 3.1.2. And that article pointed into this forum topic.

So I followed the instructions up to "Part 2 - Getting your ECID SHSH". I would open up Umbrella, type in my ECID (000003BEFA14832E), select iPhone 3Gs 3.1.2, but then for all 3 options for SHSH Repository, I get the error message "Could not get your ECID SHSH for that model/version: sorry". I'm pretty sure my ECID is correct (did DFU mode and got a 16 letter code from System Profiler), so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Maybe I'm misreading the guide and I also didn't backup my SHSH via Cydia when I had the chance. So am I out of luck? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks (and sorry for the wall of text).

Here is what my System Profiler says by the way:
    Apple Mobile Device (DFU Mode):

Product ID: 0x1227
    Vendor ID: 0x05ac (Apple Inc.)
    Version: 0.00
    Serial Number: CPID:8920 CPRV:15 CPFM:03 SCEP:03 BDID:00 ECID:000003BEFA14832E SRTG:[iBoot-359.3.2]
    Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
    Manufacturer: Apple Inc.
    Location ID: 0x24100000
    Current Available (mA): 500
    Current Required (mA): 100
    EDIT: trying iRecovery now....
    lawn-128-61-30-97:~ hobbes3$ /Users/hobbes3/Misc/iPhone/irecovery -s
    iRecovery - Recovery Utility
    by westbaer
    Thanks to pod2g, tom3q, planetbeing and geohot.

=======================================
    ::
    :: iBoot for n88ap, Copyright 2009, Apple Inc.
    :: BUILD_TAG: iBoot-636.66
    :: BUILD_STYLE: RELEASE
    :: USB_SERIAL_NUMBER: CPID:8920 CPRV:15 CPFM:03 SCEP:03 BDID:00 ECID:000003BEFA14832E IBFL:01 SRNM:[88948NBU3NQ]
    =======================================

[FTL:MSG] Apple NAND Driver (AND) RO
    [NAND] Found Chip ID 0x3E94D72C84 on FMI0:CE0
    [NAND] Found Chip ID 0x3E94D72C84 on FMI0:CE1
    [NAND] Found Chip ID 0x3E94D72C84 on FMI1:C8
    [NAND] Found Chip ID 0x3E94D72C84 on FMI1:CE9
    [FTL:MSG] FIL_Init [OK]
    [FTL:MSG] BUF_Init [OK]
    [FTL:MSG] FPart Init [OK]
    read new style signature 0x43313133 (line:375)
    [FTL:MSG] VSVFL Register [OK]
    [FTL:MSG] VFL Init [OK]
    [FTL:MSG] VFL_Open [OK]
    [FTL:MSG] YAFTL Register [OK]
    yaFTL::YAFTL_Open(l:2630): CXT is not valid . Performing full NAND R/O restore ...
    [FTL:MSG] FTL_Open [OK]
    Boot Failure Count: 15 Panic Fail Cont: 1
    Delaying boot for 0 seconds. Hit enter to break into the command prompt...
    HFSInitPartition: 0x4fb6c000
    Kernelcache image not valid
    Entering recovery mode, starting command prompt
    limiting USB input current to 100 mA
    setenv auto-boot true
    ] saveenv
    ] /exit
    Closing USB connection...
    lawn-128-61-30-97:~ hobbes3$
    After that I rebooted by holding home and power button for 10 sec and I got the same connect to iTunes screen again. Thinking that iRecovery might have changed something, I ran blackra1n again and saw the same thing: geohot's picture but without the animated spinning wheel... after the geohot picture went away, I am back at step 1 with the connect to iTunes screen... sigh.

EDIT2: Okay actually I don't even think iRecovery worked at all. I'm suppose to get a screen that looks kind of like this:

But as you can see from my log above I don't have the "] (Recovery) iPhone$" line, meaning I think iRecovery is hanging up during
    Kernelcache image not valid
    Entering recovery mode, starting command prompt
    limiting USB input current to 100 mA
    Last edited by hobbes3; 2010-02-11 at 11:22 PM.

Is this safe to use this guide for my 3.1.2 itouch everyone 0r n0t!??

Quote Originally Posted by High_Voltage View Post
    Is this safe to use this guide for my 3.1.2 itouch everyone 0r n0t!??
    If you don't already have an ECID SHSH for 3.1.2 on file, you're not gonna get one. It's too late.

I have my shsh files...i retrieved them luckily they were autosaved, But my problem is that i am stuck at the slide to unlock screen and i cant get past it...i did all of the above steps and they worked like a charm...only problem is jailbreaking my phone....guys can anyone please help me ?

ill pay :P...seriously tyhough....ive been without my 3gs for weeks...I was waiting for ipsw 4.0 to come out but it seems they wont

Default Cydia Says I have the SHSH File and Umbreall no .!
    Hi,

I had a 3.1.2 32 GB 3GS iphone, which I jailbreak it using Blackr1an.

Of course, as usual I run Cydia as the 1st application to be run, and Pressed ( Make my life easier... ) and I got the green msg about the SHSH.

Unexpectedly, the device keeps giving me the Connect to itunes whenever I reboot it, so I had no chance to get it to work more than running balckra1n again, and again...
    Until it showed the Connect to itunes and never worked again when I use blackra1in again... it shows the image of the guy and there is no prcess ...

So , the system was upgraded to 3.1.3, and I read here that I can downgrade to 3.1.2 if I had my SHSH file saved... which is something I am pretty sure I DID...

So, when I enter my ECID and chose 3.1.2 from sauriks it says ( could not get your ECID SHSH for that model/ version ... )

while when I choose 3.1.3 , it says SHSH saved! file ***** iPhone 3.1.3 !!

Can somebody please explains what does this mean ?

why my SHSH file for 3.1.2 is not saved while I am pretty sure that I saved it through Cydia application when I jail-broken it for the 1st time ??

And why I can get 3.1.3 SHSH file and not getting the 3.1.2 ??

PLEASE HELP.

Regards
    Luis

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfares For This Useful Post:

mSidhu (2010-02-19)

doesn't anyone get 1600 error? i've tried EVERYTHING on my 3gs, but always get one and same error 1600.. help is really appreciated!!!
    Last edited by tulpanov; 2010-02-17 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by tulpanov View Post
    doesn't anyone get 1600 error? i've tried EVERYTHING on my 3gs, but always get one and same error 1600.. help is really appreciated!!!
    i get error 1604, too. and cant solve it in any way.

this is that happen to me too

"So, when I enter my ECID and chose 3.1.2 from sauriks it says ( could not get your ECID SHSH for that model/ version ... )"

why?

Quote Originally Posted by tulpanov View Post
    I heard your suppose to delete itunes and quicktime and everything itunes installed on your computer. You can give it a try btu i tried it and nothing worked. I tried everything, I edited my host file like 100 times with the "#"infront and without it and still nothing. I always get 1600 1602 1603 or 1604 error. But this is what I have to say t some of your.

****** IF YOU GOT THE 3002 ERROR AND YOUR TRYING TO DOWNGRADE THIS MEANS YOUR SHSH IS NOT ON CYDIA SERVERS.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfares View Post
    Hi,

I had a 3.1.2 32 GB 3GS iphone, which I jailbreak it using Blackr1an.

Of course, as usual I run Cydia as the 1st application to be run, and Pressed ( Make my life easier... ) and I got the green msg about the SHSH.

Unexpectedly, the device keeps giving me the Connect to itunes whenever I reboot it, so I had no chance to get it to work more than running balckra1n again, and again...
    Until it showed the Connect to itunes and never worked again when I use blackra1in again... it shows the image of the guy and there is no prcess ...

So , the system was upgraded to 3.1.3, and I read here that I can downgrade to 3.1.2 if I had my SHSH file saved... which is something I am pretty sure I DID...

So, when I enter my ECID and chose 3.1.2 from sauriks it says ( could not get your ECID SHSH for that model/ version ... )

while when I choose 3.1.3 , it says SHSH saved! file ***** iPhone 3.1.3 !!

Can somebody please explains what does this mean ?

why my SHSH file for 3.1.2 is not saved while I am pretty sure that I saved it through Cydia application when I jail-broken it for the 1st time ??

And why I can get 3.1.3 SHSH file and not getting the 3.1.2 ??

PLEASE HELP.

Regards
    Luis

I GOT THE SAME PROBLEM MAN WTFF, IM STUCK ON 3.1.3 fakkk
    Last edited by mSidhu; 2010-02-19 at 02:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I want to point out to anyone who is having trouble restoring that that you CANNOT close down the cmd screen using tinytss. I was doing this and that was why i was unable to finish the restore. I assume after reading several posts on here that people are having the same problem.

I have a 3GS unlocked before, but on a restart (I have done it 2 or 3 times already) when I wanted to run blackra1n for jailbreak again as it should be, now, the phone stayed in DFU mode and I can not get out of there. i have the ECID but the umbrella program does not give me shsh file to restore the firmware, the phone has not been updated to 3.1.3, still is in the 3.1.2, the boot is 359.3.2 ....I must upgrade to 3.1.3 and degrade later or what can I do? It is the week 48 of 2009 as the IMEI indicates.
    thanks in advance.

see the pictures please
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -umbrella.png   -umbrella21.jpg  
    Last edited by efelix; 2010-02-19 at 08:22 PM. Reason: change pic

Hi all. New here but not new to the scene. I have both an Ipod Touch 2g Jailbroken and all the fixings. I've just purchased a brand new Iphone 3Gs @ 3.1.2. I've got things setup and am trying to SHSH my Iphone. I have my ECID but when I run Umbrella it won't give me my SHSH unless I select 3.1.3. I stress I'm at 3.1.2. Am I good to go or am I doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance

bigsteve777
    out of luck buddy, apple will not sign 3.1.2 anymore. saurik just stores already signed shahs. someone chime in to correct me if I'm mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by andyharp View Post
    bigsteve777
    out of luck buddy, apple will not sign 3.1.2 anymore. saurik just stores already signed shahs. someone chime in to correct me if I'm mistaken.
    That means I have to update the phone to 3.1.3?.

so what's the benefit saurik server?, if we can not unlock with this version.

or once I upgrade I have to downgrade to 3.1.2?

efelix, do the hosts file edit thing and verify by pinging. then restore and pick the 3.1.2 firmware. you should be able to restore since iTunes will now look at hosts file and it go to saurik to verify. if your stuck in dfu and can't get out, you might as well go to 3. 1. 3 (remove host edit so iTunes will go to apple server). get 3. 1. 3 up and going. then go back change host file then do a restore and pick 3. 1. 2 and try again.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to andyharp For This Useful Post:

efelix (2010-02-23)

Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast